Jun 5, 2012, 4:22 PM EST
Desperate for offense, the Devils might turn back to a familiar face in Game 4.
That was the word from practice at the Toyota Center on Tuesday as New Jersey skated with a new look.
Adam Henrique returned to center the third line between Alexei Ponikarovsky and David Clarkson while the top line of Zach Parise, Travis Zajac and Ilya Kovalchuk and the fourth line of Ryan Carter, Stephen Gionta and Steve Bernier both remained intact.
It’s pretty obvious that head coach Peter DeBoer wants more offense from his group, and Sykora could aid in the search for goals. He had 44 points in 82 games this season including 21 goals, fifth-most on the team. Sykora could also help out New Jersey’s awful power play, as he’s one of just six Devils to score on the man advantage this postseason.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 14
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 32
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11