Jun 5, 2012, 4:22 PM EST
Desperate for offense, the Devils might turn back to a familiar face in Game 4.
That was the word from practice at the Toyota Center on Tuesday as New Jersey skated with a new look.
Adam Henrique returned to center the third line between Alexei Ponikarovsky and David Clarkson while the top line of Zach Parise, Travis Zajac and Ilya Kovalchuk and the fourth line of Ryan Carter, Stephen Gionta and Steve Bernier both remained intact.
It’s pretty obvious that head coach Peter DeBoer wants more offense from his group, and Sykora could aid in the search for goals. He had 44 points in 82 games this season including 21 goals, fifth-most on the team. Sykora could also help out New Jersey’s awful power play, as he’s one of just six Devils to score on the man advantage this postseason.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 37
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)