Jun 5, 2012, 4:22 PM EST
Desperate for offense, the Devils might turn back to a familiar face in Game 4.
That was the word from practice at the Toyota Center on Tuesday as New Jersey skated with a new look.
Adam Henrique returned to center the third line between Alexei Ponikarovsky and David Clarkson while the top line of Zach Parise, Travis Zajac and Ilya Kovalchuk and the fourth line of Ryan Carter, Stephen Gionta and Steve Bernier both remained intact.
It’s pretty obvious that head coach Peter DeBoer wants more offense from his group, and Sykora could aid in the search for goals. He had 44 points in 82 games this season including 21 goals, fifth-most on the team. Sykora could also help out New Jersey’s awful power play, as he’s one of just six Devils to score on the man advantage this postseason.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 9
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)