Jun 5, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
Desperate for offense, the Devils might turn back to a familiar face in Game 4.
That was the word from practice at the Toyota Center on Tuesday as New Jersey skated with a new look.
Adam Henrique returned to center the third line between Alexei Ponikarovsky and David Clarkson while the top line of Zach Parise, Travis Zajac and Ilya Kovalchuk and the fourth line of Ryan Carter, Stephen Gionta and Steve Bernier both remained intact.
It’s pretty obvious that head coach Peter DeBoer wants more offense from his group, and Sykora could aid in the search for goals. He had 44 points in 82 games this season including 21 goals, fifth-most on the team. Sykora could also help out New Jersey’s awful power play, as he’s one of just six Devils to score on the man advantage this postseason.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51