Jun 5, 2012, 11:18 AM EDT
True life is stranger than fiction and for Canadian porn star/alleged cannibal-murderer Luka Magnotta we find out he was a huge hockey fan.
Deadspin shared Magnotta’s affinity for Sergei Fedorov in the form of a tribute video he made about the former Red Wings great. Magnotta also took up his time on HF Boards with a huge love of Capitals stars Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin as CSNWashington.com’s Chase Hughes notes.
Magnotta was arrested in Berlin at an Internet cafe and faces charges for murdering and dismembering a student and mailing his body parts to Canadian political party leaders. Chances he’ll get to watch much of Ovechkin and Semin from prison are looking pretty slim.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)