Jun 5, 2012, 7:21 PM EDT
With one more win, Gary Bettman would hand the Stanley Cup to Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown. During the potential on-ice victory, the silver chalice may rest in many happy hands, but – correct me if I’m wrong – it likely won’t find its way into the furry fake-paws of Kings mascot Bailey.
In a more fantastical world, Bettman would hand the Cup straight to Bailey, who would then probably do something hilarious. (At least if the “Jersey Shore” thing is any indication.) While Joe is right in calling that the “photo of the day,” this shot of Bettman and Bailey side-by-side is a strong runner-up.
(I can almost imagine this image Photoshopped into some bizarre Tumblr already.)
It’s unclear the exact context of the photo, although after quickly surveying the backdrop, it probably came from an AEG event. We dropped the Kings a line to try to find out the specifics of the occurrence, but I think we can all agree that the photo is incredible whether we know all the details or not.
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 4
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 15
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 8
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)