Jun 5, 2012, 7:21 PM EDT
With one more win, Gary Bettman would hand the Stanley Cup to Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown. During the potential on-ice victory, the silver chalice may rest in many happy hands, but – correct me if I’m wrong – it likely won’t find its way into the furry fake-paws of Kings mascot Bailey.
In a more fantastical world, Bettman would hand the Cup straight to Bailey, who would then probably do something hilarious. (At least if the “Jersey Shore” thing is any indication.) While Joe is right in calling that the “photo of the day,” this shot of Bettman and Bailey side-by-side is a strong runner-up.
(I can almost imagine this image Photoshopped into some bizarre Tumblr already.)
It’s unclear the exact context of the photo, although after quickly surveying the backdrop, it probably came from an AEG event. We dropped the Kings a line to try to find out the specifics of the occurrence, but I think we can all agree that the photo is incredible whether we know all the details or not.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50