Jun 5, 2012, 7:21 PM EDT
With one more win, Gary Bettman would hand the Stanley Cup to Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown. During the potential on-ice victory, the silver chalice may rest in many happy hands, but – correct me if I’m wrong – it likely won’t find its way into the furry fake-paws of Kings mascot Bailey.
In a more fantastical world, Bettman would hand the Cup straight to Bailey, who would then probably do something hilarious. (At least if the “Jersey Shore” thing is any indication.) While Joe is right in calling that the “photo of the day,” this shot of Bettman and Bailey side-by-side is a strong runner-up.
(I can almost imagine this image Photoshopped into some bizarre Tumblr already.)
It’s unclear the exact context of the photo, although after quickly surveying the backdrop, it probably came from an AEG event. We dropped the Kings a line to try to find out the specifics of the occurrence, but I think we can all agree that the photo is incredible whether we know all the details or not.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6