Jun 5, 2012, 7:21 PM EDT
With one more win, Gary Bettman would hand the Stanley Cup to Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown. During the potential on-ice victory, the silver chalice may rest in many happy hands, but – correct me if I’m wrong – it likely won’t find its way into the furry fake-paws of Kings mascot Bailey.
In a more fantastical world, Bettman would hand the Cup straight to Bailey, who would then probably do something hilarious. (At least if the “Jersey Shore” thing is any indication.) While Joe is right in calling that the “photo of the day,” this shot of Bettman and Bailey side-by-side is a strong runner-up.
(I can almost imagine this image Photoshopped into some bizarre Tumblr already.)
It’s unclear the exact context of the photo, although after quickly surveying the backdrop, it probably came from an AEG event. We dropped the Kings a line to try to find out the specifics of the occurrence, but I think we can all agree that the photo is incredible whether we know all the details or not.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 7
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 56
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (56)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)