Jun 5, 2012, 7:21 PM EST
With one more win, Gary Bettman would hand the Stanley Cup to Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown. During the potential on-ice victory, the silver chalice may rest in many happy hands, but – correct me if I’m wrong – it likely won’t find its way into the furry fake-paws of Kings mascot Bailey.
In a more fantastical world, Bettman would hand the Cup straight to Bailey, who would then probably do something hilarious. (At least if the “Jersey Shore” thing is any indication.) While Joe is right in calling that the “photo of the day,” this shot of Bettman and Bailey side-by-side is a strong runner-up.
(I can almost imagine this image Photoshopped into some bizarre Tumblr already.)
It’s unclear the exact context of the photo, although after quickly surveying the backdrop, it probably came from an AEG event. We dropped the Kings a line to try to find out the specifics of the occurrence, but I think we can all agree that the photo is incredible whether we know all the details or not.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 0
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 7
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)