Jun 5, 2012, 3:05 PM EST
This just in from the NHL:
The stars of the National Hockey League will come together with celebrities from music, stage and screen for a celebration of hockey at the 2012 NHL Awards™ at the Encore Theater at the Wynn Las Vegas on Wednesday, June 20. The 2012 NHL Awards will be broadcast live at 7 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network in the United States and CBC in Canada.
Sports broadcaster Erin Andrews, Kevin Connolly (“Entourage”), Colin Hanks (“The Good Guys,” “Dexter”), Joshua Jackson (“Fringe”), Cory Monteith (“Glee”), Matthew Perry (“Go On,” “Friends”), Vince Vaughn (“The Watch,” “Wedding Crashers,” “The Break-Up”) and Michael Vartan (“Hawthorne,” “Alias”) – all hockey fans – are scheduled to serve as presenters to honor the sport’s best. The broadcast also will feature special appearances by actors Will Arnett (“Up All Night,” “Arrested Development”) and Tracy Morgan (“30 Rock”) and director/writer/actor Kevin Smith (“Clerks,” “Red State”).
Overall not a bad cast of celebrities, even though Connolly played the insufferable E in Entourage. Still no idea how that wet blanket scored Sloan.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)