Jun 5, 2012, 3:05 PM EST
This just in from the NHL:
The stars of the National Hockey League will come together with celebrities from music, stage and screen for a celebration of hockey at the 2012 NHL Awards™ at the Encore Theater at the Wynn Las Vegas on Wednesday, June 20. The 2012 NHL Awards will be broadcast live at 7 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network in the United States and CBC in Canada.
Sports broadcaster Erin Andrews, Kevin Connolly (“Entourage”), Colin Hanks (“The Good Guys,” “Dexter”), Joshua Jackson (“Fringe”), Cory Monteith (“Glee”), Matthew Perry (“Go On,” “Friends”), Vince Vaughn (“The Watch,” “Wedding Crashers,” “The Break-Up”) and Michael Vartan (“Hawthorne,” “Alias”) – all hockey fans – are scheduled to serve as presenters to honor the sport’s best. The broadcast also will feature special appearances by actors Will Arnett (“Up All Night,” “Arrested Development”) and Tracy Morgan (“30 Rock”) and director/writer/actor Kevin Smith (“Clerks,” “Red State”).
Overall not a bad cast of celebrities, even though Connolly played the insufferable E in Entourage. Still no idea how that wet blanket scored Sloan.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 24
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 23
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)