Jun 5, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
This just in from the NHL:
The stars of the National Hockey League will come together with celebrities from music, stage and screen for a celebration of hockey at the 2012 NHL Awards™ at the Encore Theater at the Wynn Las Vegas on Wednesday, June 20. The 2012 NHL Awards will be broadcast live at 7 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network in the United States and CBC in Canada.
Sports broadcaster Erin Andrews, Kevin Connolly (“Entourage”), Colin Hanks (“The Good Guys,” “Dexter”), Joshua Jackson (“Fringe”), Cory Monteith (“Glee”), Matthew Perry (“Go On,” “Friends”), Vince Vaughn (“The Watch,” “Wedding Crashers,” “The Break-Up”) and Michael Vartan (“Hawthorne,” “Alias”) – all hockey fans – are scheduled to serve as presenters to honor the sport’s best. The broadcast also will feature special appearances by actors Will Arnett (“Up All Night,” “Arrested Development”) and Tracy Morgan (“30 Rock”) and director/writer/actor Kevin Smith (“Clerks,” “Red State”).
Overall not a bad cast of celebrities, even though Connolly played the insufferable E in Entourage. Still no idea how that wet blanket scored Sloan.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 63
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 5
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 30
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 15
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination