Jun 5, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
This just in from the NHL:
The stars of the National Hockey League will come together with celebrities from music, stage and screen for a celebration of hockey at the 2012 NHL Awards™ at the Encore Theater at the Wynn Las Vegas on Wednesday, June 20. The 2012 NHL Awards will be broadcast live at 7 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network in the United States and CBC in Canada.
Sports broadcaster Erin Andrews, Kevin Connolly (“Entourage”), Colin Hanks (“The Good Guys,” “Dexter”), Joshua Jackson (“Fringe”), Cory Monteith (“Glee”), Matthew Perry (“Go On,” “Friends”), Vince Vaughn (“The Watch,” “Wedding Crashers,” “The Break-Up”) and Michael Vartan (“Hawthorne,” “Alias”) – all hockey fans – are scheduled to serve as presenters to honor the sport’s best. The broadcast also will feature special appearances by actors Will Arnett (“Up All Night,” “Arrested Development”) and Tracy Morgan (“30 Rock”) and director/writer/actor Kevin Smith (“Clerks,” “Red State”).
Overall not a bad cast of celebrities, even though Connolly played the insufferable E in Entourage. Still no idea how that wet blanket scored Sloan.
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 2
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 20
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 58
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (90)