Jun 5, 2012, 2:13 PM EDT
Another day, another NHLer headed to Russia.
Lev has yet to play in the KHL and the 2012-13 season will be its first in Russia. That said, the team has set about stockpiling former NHLers: Lubos Bartecko, Marcel Hossa, Jakub Klepis, Drew MacIntyre, Tomas Mojzis, Martin Strbak, Tomas Surovy and Paul Szczechura, to name a few.
Christensen spent last season between the Rangers and Wild, recording 12 points in 49 games. The 28-year-old is best known as one of the NHL’s premier shootout specialists, having scored 29 times in 55 career attempts. Only two players — Jussi Jokinen and Pavel Datsyuk — have scored more goals in the shootout.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63