Jun 5, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
When the Canadiens announced the hiring of Michel Therrien as their new head coach, that left potential suitors like Marc Crawford and Patrick Roy left in the cold. For Crawford, he took losing out on the job pretty well as he expressed via Twitter this morning.
Crawford may now turn his attention toward the Edmonton Oilers as they’re still in the hunt for a new coach. The Oilers parted ways with Tom Renney weeks ago and have yet to fill the position. As for the Washington Capitals and their vacant head coaching job, it’s not believed Crawford is in the hunt to try and lead Alex Ovechkin‘s squad.
After a season away from coaching, Crawford pressed hard for the job in Montreal, but it’s clear he’s got the itch to get back behind the bench.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 5
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 5
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 13
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)