Jun 5, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
When the Canadiens announced the hiring of Michel Therrien as their new head coach, that left potential suitors like Marc Crawford and Patrick Roy left in the cold. For Crawford, he took losing out on the job pretty well as he expressed via Twitter this morning.
Crawford may now turn his attention toward the Edmonton Oilers as they’re still in the hunt for a new coach. The Oilers parted ways with Tom Renney weeks ago and have yet to fill the position. As for the Washington Capitals and their vacant head coaching job, it’s not believed Crawford is in the hunt to try and lead Alex Ovechkin‘s squad.
After a season away from coaching, Crawford pressed hard for the job in Montreal, but it’s clear he’s got the itch to get back behind the bench.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40