Jun 5, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
When the Canadiens announced the hiring of Michel Therrien as their new head coach, that left potential suitors like Marc Crawford and Patrick Roy left in the cold. For Crawford, he took losing out on the job pretty well as he expressed via Twitter this morning.
Crawford may now turn his attention toward the Edmonton Oilers as they’re still in the hunt for a new coach. The Oilers parted ways with Tom Renney weeks ago and have yet to fill the position. As for the Washington Capitals and their vacant head coaching job, it’s not believed Crawford is in the hunt to try and lead Alex Ovechkin‘s squad.
After a season away from coaching, Crawford pressed hard for the job in Montreal, but it’s clear he’s got the itch to get back behind the bench.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)