Jun 5, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
When the Canadiens announced the hiring of Michel Therrien as their new head coach, that left potential suitors like Marc Crawford and Patrick Roy left in the cold. For Crawford, he took losing out on the job pretty well as he expressed via Twitter this morning.
Crawford may now turn his attention toward the Edmonton Oilers as they’re still in the hunt for a new coach. The Oilers parted ways with Tom Renney weeks ago and have yet to fill the position. As for the Washington Capitals and their vacant head coaching job, it’s not believed Crawford is in the hunt to try and lead Alex Ovechkin‘s squad.
After a season away from coaching, Crawford pressed hard for the job in Montreal, but it’s clear he’s got the itch to get back behind the bench.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)