Jun 5, 2012, 11:58 AM EST
The other day we talked about how Sergei Gonchar‘s future in Ottawa was potentially in doubt thanks to the Senators needing to get Erik Karlsson and Filip Kuba signed. As it turns out, Kuba’s future in Ottawa is the one looking gloomy.
Wayne Scanlan of Senators Extra hears from Senators GM Bryan Murray that Kuba is looking for a payday that won’t be coming from him.
“I think we’re moving on,” Murray said. “I haven’t heard from him. I talked to his agent before the year ended and told him sort of the thoughts I had, about what we might consider and I haven’t heard back.
“He’s going to get his money. I think he’s going to get similar money to what he was earning with us,” Murray said. “And I’m not going to go there I don’t think.”
Kuba is 35-years-old and proved to be a big help to Karlsson this past season as he broke out to become a Norris Trophy finalist. The Senators have just three defensemen under contract for next season and have Karlsson as a restricted free agent. They’ll be busy, but it appears Kuba will be looking for a new home next season.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 24
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)