Jun 5, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
The other day we talked about how Sergei Gonchar‘s future in Ottawa was potentially in doubt thanks to the Senators needing to get Erik Karlsson and Filip Kuba signed. As it turns out, Kuba’s future in Ottawa is the one looking gloomy.
Wayne Scanlan of Senators Extra hears from Senators GM Bryan Murray that Kuba is looking for a payday that won’t be coming from him.
“I think we’re moving on,” Murray said. “I haven’t heard from him. I talked to his agent before the year ended and told him sort of the thoughts I had, about what we might consider and I haven’t heard back.
“He’s going to get his money. I think he’s going to get similar money to what he was earning with us,” Murray said. “And I’m not going to go there I don’t think.”
Kuba is 35-years-old and proved to be a big help to Karlsson this past season as he broke out to become a Norris Trophy finalist. The Senators have just three defensemen under contract for next season and have Karlsson as a restricted free agent. They’ll be busy, but it appears Kuba will be looking for a new home next season.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)