Jun 5, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
On Tuesday, he took it to the next level.
Giroux joined Mike Missanelli on 97.5 The Fanatic to discuss a variety of subjects — the EA NHL 13 cover vote, his wrist injury, if he’s watching the Stanley Cup finals — with his most intriguing comments came on the subject of Bryz.
On the team getting frustrated with Ilya Bryzgalov’s act during the regular season:
GIROUX: If you don’t know what to expect coming into Philly, it’s not like in Phoenix — they don’t have a lot of media and stuff. It’s Philly, everybody’s a big Flyers fan and it’s great.
He didn’t know how it would be, but at the end of the season, like you said, he kind of adapted himself and he was good with the fans and he was playing his best hockey at the end, too.
Obviously next year he’s gonna know what to expect and if I had to predict anything he’s gonna be the best goalie in the league next year — I’m pretty sure that’s what’s gonna happen.”
As mentioned above, this isn’t the first time Giroux has gone this route. Prior to Game 5 of the Pittsburgh series, he told reporters Bryzgalov was “going to be great tonight” and Bryzgalov responded by stopping 50 of the 54 shots he faced in Games 5 and 6.
But…best goalie in the league? That’s setting the bar awfully high.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5