Jun 5, 2012, 8:19 PM EST
Apparently there’s a new undercurrent of rumors about Brian Burke either leaving or being fired from his post as Toronto Maple Leafs general manager. (Honestly, I’ve been more focused on the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and things grounded in at least a bit more factual information.) Well, Bob McKenzie is on hand to more-or-less shoot down those rumblings, although he does point to one potential caveat: the Maple Leafs’ ownership changes could eventually bring an alteration down the line. Maybe.
It’s probably reasonable to assume that the 2012-13 season is a make or break one for Burke – assuming he gets that far, as McKenzie seems to suggest.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 14
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 32
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11