Jun 5, 2012, 8:19 PM EDT
Apparently there’s a new undercurrent of rumors about Brian Burke either leaving or being fired from his post as Toronto Maple Leafs general manager. (Honestly, I’ve been more focused on the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and things grounded in at least a bit more factual information.) Well, Bob McKenzie is on hand to more-or-less shoot down those rumblings, although he does point to one potential caveat: the Maple Leafs’ ownership changes could eventually bring an alteration down the line. Maybe.
It’s probably reasonable to assume that the 2012-13 season is a make or break one for Burke – assuming he gets that far, as McKenzie seems to suggest.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40