Jun 5, 2012, 8:19 PM EDT
Apparently there’s a new undercurrent of rumors about Brian Burke either leaving or being fired from his post as Toronto Maple Leafs general manager. (Honestly, I’ve been more focused on the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and things grounded in at least a bit more factual information.) Well, Bob McKenzie is on hand to more-or-less shoot down those rumblings, although he does point to one potential caveat: the Maple Leafs’ ownership changes could eventually bring an alteration down the line. Maybe.
It’s probably reasonable to assume that the 2012-13 season is a make or break one for Burke – assuming he gets that far, as McKenzie seems to suggest.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5