Jun 5, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Penner (via AP):
Unfortunately for the longevity of both Clarkson and Penner’s beards,* the Los Angeles Kings already have a commanding 3-0 series lead over Clarkson’s New Jersey Devils in the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Another Kings victory could clog a lot of sinks/drains in both dressing rooms, but the Devils passed along an adjustment that’s far more superficial than injecting Petr Skyora back into the lineup. Adam Henrique has adapted his postseason facial hair to the ‘stache:
Quite dashing, eh? Here are a few gut reactions:
1. Is it me or does Henrique bare a tiny resemblance to Freddie Mercury? (“We are the Eastern Conference Champions” doesn’t have the same ring to it.)
2. Patrick Kane defied follicle traditions with his playoff mullet and was rewarded richly.
3. That being said, Kane rocked the rat tail much earlier. Is Henrique’s obviously-hugely-important adjustment a case of “too little hair, too late”?
Feel free to share your own assessment in the comments.
* Significant others might not approve this message.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 3
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 13
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 16
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)