Jun 5, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Penner (via AP):
Unfortunately for the longevity of both Clarkson and Penner’s beards,* the Los Angeles Kings already have a commanding 3-0 series lead over Clarkson’s New Jersey Devils in the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Another Kings victory could clog a lot of sinks/drains in both dressing rooms, but the Devils passed along an adjustment that’s far more superficial than injecting Petr Skyora back into the lineup. Adam Henrique has adapted his postseason facial hair to the ‘stache:
Quite dashing, eh? Here are a few gut reactions:
1. Is it me or does Henrique bare a tiny resemblance to Freddie Mercury? (“We are the Eastern Conference Champions” doesn’t have the same ring to it.)
2. Patrick Kane defied follicle traditions with his playoff mullet and was rewarded richly.
3. That being said, Kane rocked the rat tail much earlier. Is Henrique’s obviously-hugely-important adjustment a case of “too little hair, too late”?
Feel free to share your own assessment in the comments.
* Significant others might not approve this message.
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 0
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 7
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 59
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 (59)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)