Jun 5, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Penner (via AP):
Unfortunately for the longevity of both Clarkson and Penner’s beards,* the Los Angeles Kings already have a commanding 3-0 series lead over Clarkson’s New Jersey Devils in the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Another Kings victory could clog a lot of sinks/drains in both dressing rooms, but the Devils passed along an adjustment that’s far more superficial than injecting Petr Skyora back into the lineup. Adam Henrique has adapted his postseason facial hair to the ‘stache:
Quite dashing, eh? Here are a few gut reactions:
1. Is it me or does Henrique bare a tiny resemblance to Freddie Mercury? (“We are the Eastern Conference Champions” doesn’t have the same ring to it.)
2. Patrick Kane defied follicle traditions with his playoff mullet and was rewarded richly.
3. That being said, Kane rocked the rat tail much earlier. Is Henrique’s obviously-hugely-important adjustment a case of “too little hair, too late”?
Feel free to share your own assessment in the comments.
* Significant others might not approve this message.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires