Jun 5, 2012, 6:50 PM EST
Penner (via AP):
Unfortunately for the longevity of both Clarkson and Penner’s beards,* the Los Angeles Kings already have a commanding 3-0 series lead over Clarkson’s New Jersey Devils in the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Another Kings victory could clog a lot of sinks/drains in both dressing rooms, but the Devils passed along an adjustment that’s far more superficial than injecting Petr Skyora back into the lineup. Adam Henrique has adapted his postseason facial hair to the ‘stache:
Quite dashing, eh? Here are a few gut reactions:
1. Is it me or does Henrique bare a tiny resemblance to Freddie Mercury? (“We are the Eastern Conference Champions” doesn’t have the same ring to it.)
2. Patrick Kane defied follicle traditions with his playoff mullet and was rewarded richly.
3. That being said, Kane rocked the rat tail much earlier. Is Henrique’s obviously-hugely-important adjustment a case of “too little hair, too late”?
Feel free to share your own assessment in the comments.
* Significant others might not approve this message.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46