Jun 4, 2012, 2:32 PM EST
Earlier today we asked what Leafs general manager Brian Burke was going to do about his goaltending now that Tomas Vokoun has signed in Pittsburgh. But there’s another GM that’s just as desperate, if not more desperate, to find a solution between the pipes.
That would be Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson, who rolled the dice with Steve Mason last season when a better option would’ve been to put the dice in goal. However, as Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch writes, much maligned Steve Mason and woefully inexperienced Allen York are the only ones currently under contract.
Portzline also nominates Roberto Luongo. However, that assumes Luongo would agree to go to Columbus. (Don’t see that myself.)
Howson’s not under the same pressure as Burke to make the playoffs, but at the very least he needs to find a goalie of the future.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 0
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15