Jun 4, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Earlier today we asked what Leafs general manager Brian Burke was going to do about his goaltending now that Tomas Vokoun has signed in Pittsburgh. But there’s another GM that’s just as desperate, if not more desperate, to find a solution between the pipes.
That would be Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson, who rolled the dice with Steve Mason last season when a better option would’ve been to put the dice in goal. However, as Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch writes, much maligned Steve Mason and woefully inexperienced Allen York are the only ones currently under contract.
Portzline also nominates Roberto Luongo. However, that assumes Luongo would agree to go to Columbus. (Don’t see that myself.)
Howson’s not under the same pressure as Burke to make the playoffs, but at the very least he needs to find a goalie of the future.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)