Jun 4, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Earlier today we asked what Leafs general manager Brian Burke was going to do about his goaltending now that Tomas Vokoun has signed in Pittsburgh. But there’s another GM that’s just as desperate, if not more desperate, to find a solution between the pipes.
That would be Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson, who rolled the dice with Steve Mason last season when a better option would’ve been to put the dice in goal. However, as Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch writes, much maligned Steve Mason and woefully inexperienced Allen York are the only ones currently under contract.
Portzline also nominates Roberto Luongo. However, that assumes Luongo would agree to go to Columbus. (Don’t see that myself.)
Howson’s not under the same pressure as Burke to make the playoffs, but at the very least he needs to find a goalie of the future.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 36
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)