Jun 4, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
Considering the semi-nostalgic jerseys and lack of much success since he last played for Los Angeles, it’s hard not to think of Wayne Gretzky while witnessing the current Kings’ rousing playoff success. Asking him to drop the ceremonial first puck for Game 3 only makes sense, then, and that’s what happened tonight:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Gretzky also sat down for an interview regarding the Kings and the playoffs as a whole (including his symbol advice on how to score some goals). He also spoke about the Los Angeles hockey market, particularly what a Stanley Cup victory parade could look like.
You can enjoy hearing what “The Great One” had to say in this clip:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 11
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 85
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 34
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 16
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (85)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)