Jun 4, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
Considering the semi-nostalgic jerseys and lack of much success since he last played for Los Angeles, it’s hard not to think of Wayne Gretzky while witnessing the current Kings’ rousing playoff success. Asking him to drop the ceremonial first puck for Game 3 only makes sense, then, and that’s what happened tonight:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Gretzky also sat down for an interview regarding the Kings and the playoffs as a whole (including his symbol advice on how to score some goals). He also spoke about the Los Angeles hockey market, particularly what a Stanley Cup victory parade could look like.
You can enjoy hearing what “The Great One” had to say in this clip:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 51
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 25
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 24
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (77)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (77)