Jun 4, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
Considering the semi-nostalgic jerseys and lack of much success since he last played for Los Angeles, it’s hard not to think of Wayne Gretzky while witnessing the current Kings’ rousing playoff success. Asking him to drop the ceremonial first puck for Game 3 only makes sense, then, and that’s what happened tonight:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Gretzky also sat down for an interview regarding the Kings and the playoffs as a whole (including his symbol advice on how to score some goals). He also spoke about the Los Angeles hockey market, particularly what a Stanley Cup victory parade could look like.
You can enjoy hearing what “The Great One” had to say in this clip:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)