Jun 4, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
Considering the semi-nostalgic jerseys and lack of much success since he last played for Los Angeles, it’s hard not to think of Wayne Gretzky while witnessing the current Kings’ rousing playoff success. Asking him to drop the ceremonial first puck for Game 3 only makes sense, then, and that’s what happened tonight:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Gretzky also sat down for an interview regarding the Kings and the playoffs as a whole (including his symbol advice on how to score some goals). He also spoke about the Los Angeles hockey market, particularly what a Stanley Cup victory parade could look like.
You can enjoy hearing what “The Great One” had to say in this clip:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 29
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)