Jun 4, 2012, 9:17 PM EDT
With shot-blocking in prime form, obstruction penalties getting scarce and passing lanes as clogged as ever, beating an NHL goalie is increasingly coming down to making sure they simply have no chance to stop a puck. That means screening goalies and creating sneaky deflections.
Pierre McGuire, Jeremy Roenick and Darren Pang broke down the art of deflecting pucks in an entertaining pre-game segment, which you can see below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Once again, I must say: Pang shows some serious courage in these segments. You never know when a puck can take a dangerous bounce …
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39