Jun 4, 2012, 9:17 PM EDT
With shot-blocking in prime form, obstruction penalties getting scarce and passing lanes as clogged as ever, beating an NHL goalie is increasingly coming down to making sure they simply have no chance to stop a puck. That means screening goalies and creating sneaky deflections.
Pierre McGuire, Jeremy Roenick and Darren Pang broke down the art of deflecting pucks in an entertaining pre-game segment, which you can see below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Once again, I must say: Pang shows some serious courage in these segments. You never know when a puck can take a dangerous bounce …
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25