Jun 4, 2012, 9:17 PM EDT
With shot-blocking in prime form, obstruction penalties getting scarce and passing lanes as clogged as ever, beating an NHL goalie is increasingly coming down to making sure they simply have no chance to stop a puck. That means screening goalies and creating sneaky deflections.
Pierre McGuire, Jeremy Roenick and Darren Pang broke down the art of deflecting pucks in an entertaining pre-game segment, which you can see below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Once again, I must say: Pang shows some serious courage in these segments. You never know when a puck can take a dangerous bounce …
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 77
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32