Jun 4, 2012, 9:49 AM EDT
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty spoke with Tyler Seguin about Thomas’ decision to spend time with his “friends, family, and faith” and finds out he’s still got support and sympathy in the room.
“He’s a big part of our team,” Seguin told CSNNE.com. “Everyone has the responsibility to make their own decisions in life. I haven’t lost any respect for him. I’ll miss him. He’s got my best wishes. Hopefully I’ll be able to be out on the same ice with him again.”
Haggerty also hears from defenseman Dennis Seidenberg, who seems a bit miffed about the whole thing.
“If he feels like that’s what he needs to do for his family then that’s okay, I guess,” said Seidenberg. “It’s tough to judge.”
A guy taking time off for his family is hard to argue with, but teammates can feel a similar closeness and leaving them behind while still under contract might not sit so well with others.
For now, this situation will remain unique in its oddness.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 0
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 1
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 3
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)