Jun 4, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
According to a report from Sport-Express in Russia, KHL squad CSKA Moscow wants to add Radulov to their roster. The problem is he belongs to Salavat Yulaev. For CSKA to land him, they’ll have to pay up and they’re looking to do so in record fashion. Poor translation ahead of Igor Larin’s story.
According to our information, now clubs are actively discussing the amount of compensation for the hockey player. Apparently, it will be primarily monetary. In the lobby stating that “Salavat” asks the Moscow club worth about 260 million rubles. And it will record compensation in the history of Russian hockey!
Hey, we warned you it was a poor translation. Where’s my Rosetta Stone, anyhow?
If you’re wondering, 260 million rubles converts to about $7.76 million U.S. dollars and makes for a hefty price to pay just to acquire a player’s rights. After all, Radulov might stay in the NHL and since he’s a restricted free agent the Predators get to match any offers. That wouldn’t seem to bode well for Radulov sticking around North America.
Maybe the Rangers want to get back in on the hunt for Rick Nash after all.
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 2
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 10
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 41
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 25
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal