Jun 4, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
According to a report from Sport-Express in Russia, KHL squad CSKA Moscow wants to add Radulov to their roster. The problem is he belongs to Salavat Yulaev. For CSKA to land him, they’ll have to pay up and they’re looking to do so in record fashion. Poor translation ahead of Igor Larin’s story.
According to our information, now clubs are actively discussing the amount of compensation for the hockey player. Apparently, it will be primarily monetary. In the lobby stating that “Salavat” asks the Moscow club worth about 260 million rubles. And it will record compensation in the history of Russian hockey!
Hey, we warned you it was a poor translation. Where’s my Rosetta Stone, anyhow?
If you’re wondering, 260 million rubles converts to about $7.76 million U.S. dollars and makes for a hefty price to pay just to acquire a player’s rights. After all, Radulov might stay in the NHL and since he’s a restricted free agent the Predators get to match any offers. That wouldn’t seem to bode well for Radulov sticking around North America.
Maybe the Rangers want to get back in on the hunt for Rick Nash after all.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)