Jun 4, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
According to a report from Sport-Express in Russia, KHL squad CSKA Moscow wants to add Radulov to their roster. The problem is he belongs to Salavat Yulaev. For CSKA to land him, they’ll have to pay up and they’re looking to do so in record fashion. Poor translation ahead of Igor Larin’s story.
According to our information, now clubs are actively discussing the amount of compensation for the hockey player. Apparently, it will be primarily monetary. In the lobby stating that “Salavat” asks the Moscow club worth about 260 million rubles. And it will record compensation in the history of Russian hockey!
Hey, we warned you it was a poor translation. Where’s my Rosetta Stone, anyhow?
If you’re wondering, 260 million rubles converts to about $7.76 million U.S. dollars and makes for a hefty price to pay just to acquire a player’s rights. After all, Radulov might stay in the NHL and since he’s a restricted free agent the Predators get to match any offers. That wouldn’t seem to bode well for Radulov sticking around North America.
Maybe the Rangers want to get back in on the hunt for Rick Nash after all.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 28
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)