Jun 4, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
According to a report from Sport-Express in Russia, KHL squad CSKA Moscow wants to add Radulov to their roster. The problem is he belongs to Salavat Yulaev. For CSKA to land him, they’ll have to pay up and they’re looking to do so in record fashion. Poor translation ahead of Igor Larin’s story.
According to our information, now clubs are actively discussing the amount of compensation for the hockey player. Apparently, it will be primarily monetary. In the lobby stating that “Salavat” asks the Moscow club worth about 260 million rubles. And it will record compensation in the history of Russian hockey!
Hey, we warned you it was a poor translation. Where’s my Rosetta Stone, anyhow?
If you’re wondering, 260 million rubles converts to about $7.76 million U.S. dollars and makes for a hefty price to pay just to acquire a player’s rights. After all, Radulov might stay in the NHL and since he’s a restricted free agent the Predators get to match any offers. That wouldn’t seem to bode well for Radulov sticking around North America.
Maybe the Rangers want to get back in on the hunt for Rick Nash after all.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 21
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)