Jun 4, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
According to a report from Sport-Express in Russia, KHL squad CSKA Moscow wants to add Radulov to their roster. The problem is he belongs to Salavat Yulaev. For CSKA to land him, they’ll have to pay up and they’re looking to do so in record fashion. Poor translation ahead of Igor Larin’s story.
According to our information, now clubs are actively discussing the amount of compensation for the hockey player. Apparently, it will be primarily monetary. In the lobby stating that “Salavat” asks the Moscow club worth about 260 million rubles. And it will record compensation in the history of Russian hockey!
Hey, we warned you it was a poor translation. Where’s my Rosetta Stone, anyhow?
If you’re wondering, 260 million rubles converts to about $7.76 million U.S. dollars and makes for a hefty price to pay just to acquire a player’s rights. After all, Radulov might stay in the NHL and since he’s a restricted free agent the Predators get to match any offers. That wouldn’t seem to bode well for Radulov sticking around North America.
Maybe the Rangers want to get back in on the hunt for Rick Nash after all.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 9
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 1
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)