Jun 4, 2012, 11:16 AM EST
The Devils have been close to victory in Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, but it’s felt like they’re so far away. With Game 3 being a pivotal, virtual must-win game tonight coach Peter DeBoer is sticking to his guns.
DeBoer told reporters this morning there will be no changes to the Devils lineup for tonight’s Game 3 (8:00 p.m. on NBCSN). While there was talk before Game 2 about Henrik Tallinder possibly making an appearance in the finals, it looks like it won’t be tonight.
With the Devils also looking for ways to put more than one puck per game past Jonathan Quick, Petr Sykora won’t be getting a shot either. Sykora was swapped out of the lineup during the Eastern Conference finals for Jacob Josefson, a move that paid off well against the Rangers, but with the Kings and Quick shutting down New Jersey, you wonder if they need something to spark the lineup again.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)