Jun 4, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
The Devils have been close to victory in Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, but it’s felt like they’re so far away. With Game 3 being a pivotal, virtual must-win game tonight coach Peter DeBoer is sticking to his guns.
DeBoer told reporters this morning there will be no changes to the Devils lineup for tonight’s Game 3 (8:00 p.m. on NBCSN). While there was talk before Game 2 about Henrik Tallinder possibly making an appearance in the finals, it looks like it won’t be tonight.
With the Devils also looking for ways to put more than one puck per game past Jonathan Quick, Petr Sykora won’t be getting a shot either. Sykora was swapped out of the lineup during the Eastern Conference finals for Jacob Josefson, a move that paid off well against the Rangers, but with the Kings and Quick shutting down New Jersey, you wonder if they need something to spark the lineup again.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1