Jun 4, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
The Devils have been close to victory in Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, but it’s felt like they’re so far away. With Game 3 being a pivotal, virtual must-win game tonight coach Peter DeBoer is sticking to his guns.
DeBoer told reporters this morning there will be no changes to the Devils lineup for tonight’s Game 3 (8:00 p.m. on NBCSN). While there was talk before Game 2 about Henrik Tallinder possibly making an appearance in the finals, it looks like it won’t be tonight.
With the Devils also looking for ways to put more than one puck per game past Jonathan Quick, Petr Sykora won’t be getting a shot either. Sykora was swapped out of the lineup during the Eastern Conference finals for Jacob Josefson, a move that paid off well against the Rangers, but with the Kings and Quick shutting down New Jersey, you wonder if they need something to spark the lineup again.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)