Jun 4, 2012, 11:16 AM EST
The Devils have been close to victory in Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, but it’s felt like they’re so far away. With Game 3 being a pivotal, virtual must-win game tonight coach Peter DeBoer is sticking to his guns.
DeBoer told reporters this morning there will be no changes to the Devils lineup for tonight’s Game 3 (8:00 p.m. on NBCSN). While there was talk before Game 2 about Henrik Tallinder possibly making an appearance in the finals, it looks like it won’t be tonight.
With the Devils also looking for ways to put more than one puck per game past Jonathan Quick, Petr Sykora won’t be getting a shot either. Sykora was swapped out of the lineup during the Eastern Conference finals for Jacob Josefson, a move that paid off well against the Rangers, but with the Kings and Quick shutting down New Jersey, you wonder if they need something to spark the lineup again.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)