Jun 4, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
The Devils have been close to victory in Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, but it’s felt like they’re so far away. With Game 3 being a pivotal, virtual must-win game tonight coach Peter DeBoer is sticking to his guns.
DeBoer told reporters this morning there will be no changes to the Devils lineup for tonight’s Game 3 (8:00 p.m. on NBCSN). While there was talk before Game 2 about Henrik Tallinder possibly making an appearance in the finals, it looks like it won’t be tonight.
With the Devils also looking for ways to put more than one puck per game past Jonathan Quick, Petr Sykora won’t be getting a shot either. Sykora was swapped out of the lineup during the Eastern Conference finals for Jacob Josefson, a move that paid off well against the Rangers, but with the Kings and Quick shutting down New Jersey, you wonder if they need something to spark the lineup again.
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Eastern Conference Final Game 6 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 26
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)