Jun 4, 2012, 9:37 PM EST
Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals between the Los Angeles Kings and New Jersey Devils features a lot of star players – on and off the ice.
Sidney Crosby‘s Pittsburgh Penguins got booted in the first round, but after two injury-riddled seasons, he’s looking forward to 2012-13.
“I feel great,” Crosby said. “This is really the first summer I’ve had in a couple to feel good and get ready for next season. I’m excited.”
But before the puck drops on the 2012-13 campaign, the NHL and NHLPA need to agree to a new CBA. Which brings us to the guy Crosby is watching the game with: NHLPA executive director Don Fehr.
“For any player it’s nice to get up to speed and talk to Don (Fehr),” Crosby said. He added that he plans to get involved in the negotiating process.
The CBA talks haven’t started yet, but they should begin shortly. When they do, we’ll have a better sense for what the battle lines are.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11