Jun 4, 2012, 9:37 PM EST
Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals between the Los Angeles Kings and New Jersey Devils features a lot of star players – on and off the ice.
Sidney Crosby‘s Pittsburgh Penguins got booted in the first round, but after two injury-riddled seasons, he’s looking forward to 2012-13.
“I feel great,” Crosby said. “This is really the first summer I’ve had in a couple to feel good and get ready for next season. I’m excited.”
But before the puck drops on the 2012-13 campaign, the NHL and NHLPA need to agree to a new CBA. Which brings us to the guy Crosby is watching the game with: NHLPA executive director Don Fehr.
“For any player it’s nice to get up to speed and talk to Don (Fehr),” Crosby said. He added that he plans to get involved in the negotiating process.
The CBA talks haven’t started yet, but they should begin shortly. When they do, we’ll have a better sense for what the battle lines are.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 3
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 31
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)