Jun 4, 2012, 9:37 PM EDT
Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals between the Los Angeles Kings and New Jersey Devils features a lot of star players – on and off the ice.
Sidney Crosby‘s Pittsburgh Penguins got booted in the first round, but after two injury-riddled seasons, he’s looking forward to 2012-13.
“I feel great,” Crosby said. “This is really the first summer I’ve had in a couple to feel good and get ready for next season. I’m excited.”
But before the puck drops on the 2012-13 campaign, the NHL and NHLPA need to agree to a new CBA. Which brings us to the guy Crosby is watching the game with: NHLPA executive director Don Fehr.
“For any player it’s nice to get up to speed and talk to Don (Fehr),” Crosby said. He added that he plans to get involved in the negotiating process.
The CBA talks haven’t started yet, but they should begin shortly. When they do, we’ll have a better sense for what the battle lines are.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6