Jun 4, 2012, 9:37 PM EDT
Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals between the Los Angeles Kings and New Jersey Devils features a lot of star players – on and off the ice.
Sidney Crosby‘s Pittsburgh Penguins got booted in the first round, but after two injury-riddled seasons, he’s looking forward to 2012-13.
“I feel great,” Crosby said. “This is really the first summer I’ve had in a couple to feel good and get ready for next season. I’m excited.”
But before the puck drops on the 2012-13 campaign, the NHL and NHLPA need to agree to a new CBA. Which brings us to the guy Crosby is watching the game with: NHLPA executive director Don Fehr.
“For any player it’s nice to get up to speed and talk to Don (Fehr),” Crosby said. He added that he plans to get involved in the negotiating process.
The CBA talks haven’t started yet, but they should begin shortly. When they do, we’ll have a better sense for what the battle lines are.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)