Jun 4, 2012, 9:37 PM EDT
Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals between the Los Angeles Kings and New Jersey Devils features a lot of star players – on and off the ice.
Sidney Crosby‘s Pittsburgh Penguins got booted in the first round, but after two injury-riddled seasons, he’s looking forward to 2012-13.
“I feel great,” Crosby said. “This is really the first summer I’ve had in a couple to feel good and get ready for next season. I’m excited.”
But before the puck drops on the 2012-13 campaign, the NHL and NHLPA need to agree to a new CBA. Which brings us to the guy Crosby is watching the game with: NHLPA executive director Don Fehr.
“For any player it’s nice to get up to speed and talk to Don (Fehr),” Crosby said. He added that he plans to get involved in the negotiating process.
The CBA talks haven’t started yet, but they should begin shortly. When they do, we’ll have a better sense for what the battle lines are.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32