Jun 4, 2012, 10:59 PM EST
Prior to Los Angeles’ 4-0 victory over New Jersey in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals, the voice of NBC’s Sunday Night Football — Al Michaels — stopped by the NHL on NBC desk and spoke with Liam McHugh, Keith Jones and Mike Milbury about his beloved Kings.
“I feel like I’m 12 years old again,” Michaels said about the excitement surrounding the Kings’ playoff run. “We’ve sat around the same people for 19 years and we’re all in a dream right now. We’re saying ‘who are these guys?’”
Jones asked Michaels if he saw this coming.
“Jonesy, I want to say I thought they could do damage in the playoffs,” Michael said. “I really felt that way, despite losing a very important game to San Jose in the second to last game of the season.
“You could see them melding, and the coaching change was tremendous.”
Here’s the conversation in full:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Say this: Michaels really knows his hockey.
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 7
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 16
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 12
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)