Jun 4, 2012, 10:59 PM EST
Prior to Los Angeles’ 4-0 victory over New Jersey in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals, the voice of NBC’s Sunday Night Football — Al Michaels — stopped by the NHL on NBC desk and spoke with Liam McHugh, Keith Jones and Mike Milbury about his beloved Kings.
“I feel like I’m 12 years old again,” Michaels said about the excitement surrounding the Kings’ playoff run. “We’ve sat around the same people for 19 years and we’re all in a dream right now. We’re saying ‘who are these guys?'”
Jones asked Michaels if he saw this coming.
“Jonesy, I want to say I thought they could do damage in the playoffs,” Michael said. “I really felt that way, despite losing a very important game to San Jose in the second to last game of the season.
“You could see them melding, and the coaching change was tremendous.”
Here’s the conversation in full:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Say this: Michaels really knows his hockey.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46