Jun 4, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Prior to Los Angeles’ 4-0 victory over New Jersey in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals, the voice of NBC’s Sunday Night Football — Al Michaels — stopped by the NHL on NBC desk and spoke with Liam McHugh, Keith Jones and Mike Milbury about his beloved Kings.
“I feel like I’m 12 years old again,” Michaels said about the excitement surrounding the Kings’ playoff run. “We’ve sat around the same people for 19 years and we’re all in a dream right now. We’re saying ‘who are these guys?'”
Jones asked Michaels if he saw this coming.
“Jonesy, I want to say I thought they could do damage in the playoffs,” Michael said. “I really felt that way, despite losing a very important game to San Jose in the second to last game of the season.
“You could see them melding, and the coaching change was tremendous.”
Here’s the conversation in full:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Say this: Michaels really knows his hockey.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)