Jun 4, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Prior to Los Angeles’ 4-0 victory over New Jersey in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals, the voice of NBC’s Sunday Night Football — Al Michaels — stopped by the NHL on NBC desk and spoke with Liam McHugh, Keith Jones and Mike Milbury about his beloved Kings.
“I feel like I’m 12 years old again,” Michaels said about the excitement surrounding the Kings’ playoff run. “We’ve sat around the same people for 19 years and we’re all in a dream right now. We’re saying ‘who are these guys?'”
Jones asked Michaels if he saw this coming.
“Jonesy, I want to say I thought they could do damage in the playoffs,” Michael said. “I really felt that way, despite losing a very important game to San Jose in the second to last game of the season.
“You could see them melding, and the coaching change was tremendous.”
Here’s the conversation in full:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Say this: Michaels really knows his hockey.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)