Jun 4, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Prior to Los Angeles’ 4-0 victory over New Jersey in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals, the voice of NBC’s Sunday Night Football — Al Michaels — stopped by the NHL on NBC desk and spoke with Liam McHugh, Keith Jones and Mike Milbury about his beloved Kings.
“I feel like I’m 12 years old again,” Michaels said about the excitement surrounding the Kings’ playoff run. “We’ve sat around the same people for 19 years and we’re all in a dream right now. We’re saying ‘who are these guys?'”
Jones asked Michaels if he saw this coming.
“Jonesy, I want to say I thought they could do damage in the playoffs,” Michael said. “I really felt that way, despite losing a very important game to San Jose in the second to last game of the season.
“You could see them melding, and the coaching change was tremendous.”
Here’s the conversation in full:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Say this: Michaels really knows his hockey.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38