Jun 3, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
The Rangers had enough offensive worries last season with a healthy Marian Gaborik. Now that they’re looking at Gaborik missing the opening of next season after shoulder surgery, GM Glen Sather is on the hunt for scoring help.
Larry Brooks of the New York Post reports Sather is in touch with Predators GM David Poile about working out a deal for free agent-to-be Alexander Radulov. Brooks says Sather isn’t just casually calling to find out if he’s available either.
The degree to which these discussions between Sather and Poile have advanced is unknown, but The Post has learned this is more than the GM “kicking the tires.” The Blueshirts, of course, would have to be given a window in which to conduct contract negotiations with Radulov before agreeing to trade for his rights.
Brooks says Radulov has a big offer from CSKA in the KHL to return to Russia which would be a huge stumbling block. Still, the Rangers’ need for more offense and Gaborik’s injury have put them in a tough position heading into next season. While Rick Nash will be out there to be had via trade, the cost in players and prospects may still be too high to pull that off.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 24
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 73
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (74)