Jun 3, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Tim Thomas is really going to take next season off.
Thomas has been busy speaking his mind on Facebook lately, throwing in a sales pitch for stuff he’s using to “prove” he’ll be staying in shape during his time away from hockey is nothing short of odd. Then again, there’s nothing normal about this situation in the first place so it fits just fine. On the flipside, it’s tough to bag on a guy for wanting to take time out to be with his family and friends.
Now the Bruins are facing next season with a $5 million cap hit going to waste on a player who isn’t playing… Unless they can deal him to a team in need of reaching the salary floor. Good luck getting anything of worth in return for that.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)