Jun 3, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Tim Thomas is really going to take next season off.
Thomas has been busy speaking his mind on Facebook lately, throwing in a sales pitch for stuff he’s using to “prove” he’ll be staying in shape during his time away from hockey is nothing short of odd. Then again, there’s nothing normal about this situation in the first place so it fits just fine. On the flipside, it’s tough to bag on a guy for wanting to take time out to be with his family and friends.
Now the Bruins are facing next season with a $5 million cap hit going to waste on a player who isn’t playing… Unless they can deal him to a team in need of reaching the salary floor. Good luck getting anything of worth in return for that.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 20
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 13
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)