Jun 3, 2012, 1:04 PM EST
Tim Thomas is really going to take next season off.
Thomas has been busy speaking his mind on Facebook lately, throwing in a sales pitch for stuff he’s using to “prove” he’ll be staying in shape during his time away from hockey is nothing short of odd. Then again, there’s nothing normal about this situation in the first place so it fits just fine. On the flipside, it’s tough to bag on a guy for wanting to take time out to be with his family and friends.
Now the Bruins are facing next season with a $5 million cap hit going to waste on a player who isn’t playing… Unless they can deal him to a team in need of reaching the salary floor. Good luck getting anything of worth in return for that.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 17
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)