Jun 3, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Tim Thomas is really going to take next season off.
Thomas has been busy speaking his mind on Facebook lately, throwing in a sales pitch for stuff he’s using to “prove” he’ll be staying in shape during his time away from hockey is nothing short of odd. Then again, there’s nothing normal about this situation in the first place so it fits just fine. On the flipside, it’s tough to bag on a guy for wanting to take time out to be with his family and friends.
Now the Bruins are facing next season with a $5 million cap hit going to waste on a player who isn’t playing… Unless they can deal him to a team in need of reaching the salary floor. Good luck getting anything of worth in return for that.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 0
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 13
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10