Jun 3, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
When Jeff Carter scored the overtime game-winning goal in Game 2, the joy the Los Angeles Kings had wasn’t just limited to going up 2-0 in the series. The Kings were rooting pretty hard for Carter to get things going offensively.
“He’s been in the media a lot, he’s been in a lot of story lines,” Jarret Stoll said after the game. “[He’s] A great addition for our team, a lot of offense coming over to us. Solidify our lineup, depthwise throughout our lineup and made us a lot better team. Big goal. Huge goal for him and for our team.”
Before last night’s goal, Carter hadn’t scored since Game 2 of the Western Conference finals when he netted a hat trick against Phoenix. Since then he’s had just two assists but his goal was big for not just him, but his line as well.
“That’s the way it’s gotta be in the playoffs especially in the Stanley Cup finals,” Dustin Penner said. “Cartsy had a huge goal and a huge game for us. As a line we needed something like that to get us going again because we’ve been kind of indifferent.”
Indifferent in that they’ve been invisible offensively for a little while. If Carter just wants to spend his time scoring game-winners, however, I don’t think the Kings will mind too much.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 29
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)