Jun 3, 2012, 12:29 PM EST
It’s safe to say the Los Angeles Kings wouldn’t be two wins away from the Stanley Cup without Jonathan Quick. Quick’s play in the postseason has vaulted him into the conversation for the Conn Smythe Award and with the way he’s frustrating Devils shooters in the finals, he gives his teammates ever reason to laud his efforts.
His 32 saves in Game 2 had everyone praising him last night.
“That’s what a Vezina candidate and a Conn Smythe candidate does,” Dustin Penner said. “He comes up big in those situations during a game and those moments that you need him to.”
“There’s been good chances back and forth. Quickie has been great for us, the whole playoffs and all year, and he did it again tonight.”
With Anze Kopitar and Dustin Brown‘s scoring cooling off in the finals thanks to Martin Brodeur playing strong, Quick has now jumped to the top of many people’s list as the playoff MVP. If he keeps holding the Devils to one goal a game, he’ll have earned any accolades he receives.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 40
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)