Jun 3, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
It’s a bit of an odd statistic, but the L.A. Kings have managed to get up 2-0 in each of their playoff series this season. As they’ve shown in previous rounds, when they’ve gotten up they’ve dominated the series. That doesn’t make understanding how they’ve gotten to do it any easier though.
One guy who is a bit perplexed by it is centerman Jarret Stoll. Stoll said after the game getting up 2-0 every round is a bit… Odd.
“It’s kind of weird. Great, but weird,” Stoll said. “We’ve got to take advantage of it. We’ve got to take advantage of the opportunity. We’re going back to our home ice, our home crowd and we’ve got to play simple. Simple, composed and smart, not too fancy out there and hopefully try and get a win in Game 3.”
If the Kings can pull off a win in Game 3, they’ll be in a familiar position once again as they’ve gone up 3-0 in each of their series this season. Doing that once again will put them on the precipice of greatness.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)