Jun 3, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
It’s a bit of an odd statistic, but the L.A. Kings have managed to get up 2-0 in each of their playoff series this season. As they’ve shown in previous rounds, when they’ve gotten up they’ve dominated the series. That doesn’t make understanding how they’ve gotten to do it any easier though.
One guy who is a bit perplexed by it is centerman Jarret Stoll. Stoll said after the game getting up 2-0 every round is a bit… Odd.
“It’s kind of weird. Great, but weird,” Stoll said. “We’ve got to take advantage of it. We’ve got to take advantage of the opportunity. We’re going back to our home ice, our home crowd and we’ve got to play simple. Simple, composed and smart, not too fancy out there and hopefully try and get a win in Game 3.”
If the Kings can pull off a win in Game 3, they’ll be in a familiar position once again as they’ve gone up 3-0 in each of their series this season. Doing that once again will put them on the precipice of greatness.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)