Jun 3, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
It’s a bit of an odd statistic, but the L.A. Kings have managed to get up 2-0 in each of their playoff series this season. As they’ve shown in previous rounds, when they’ve gotten up they’ve dominated the series. That doesn’t make understanding how they’ve gotten to do it any easier though.
One guy who is a bit perplexed by it is centerman Jarret Stoll. Stoll said after the game getting up 2-0 every round is a bit… Odd.
“It’s kind of weird. Great, but weird,” Stoll said. “We’ve got to take advantage of it. We’ve got to take advantage of the opportunity. We’re going back to our home ice, our home crowd and we’ve got to play simple. Simple, composed and smart, not too fancy out there and hopefully try and get a win in Game 3.”
If the Kings can pull off a win in Game 3, they’ll be in a familiar position once again as they’ve gone up 3-0 in each of their series this season. Doing that once again will put them on the precipice of greatness.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 31
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)