Jun 3, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
It’s a bit of an odd statistic, but the L.A. Kings have managed to get up 2-0 in each of their playoff series this season. As they’ve shown in previous rounds, when they’ve gotten up they’ve dominated the series. That doesn’t make understanding how they’ve gotten to do it any easier though.
One guy who is a bit perplexed by it is centerman Jarret Stoll. Stoll said after the game getting up 2-0 every round is a bit… Odd.
“It’s kind of weird. Great, but weird,” Stoll said. “We’ve got to take advantage of it. We’ve got to take advantage of the opportunity. We’re going back to our home ice, our home crowd and we’ve got to play simple. Simple, composed and smart, not too fancy out there and hopefully try and get a win in Game 3.”
If the Kings can pull off a win in Game 3, they’ll be in a familiar position once again as they’ve gone up 3-0 in each of their series this season. Doing that once again will put them on the precipice of greatness.
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 4
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 15
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 8
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)