Jun 3, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
It’s a bit of an odd statistic, but the L.A. Kings have managed to get up 2-0 in each of their playoff series this season. As they’ve shown in previous rounds, when they’ve gotten up they’ve dominated the series. That doesn’t make understanding how they’ve gotten to do it any easier though.
One guy who is a bit perplexed by it is centerman Jarret Stoll. Stoll said after the game getting up 2-0 every round is a bit… Odd.
“It’s kind of weird. Great, but weird,” Stoll said. “We’ve got to take advantage of it. We’ve got to take advantage of the opportunity. We’re going back to our home ice, our home crowd and we’ve got to play simple. Simple, composed and smart, not too fancy out there and hopefully try and get a win in Game 3.”
If the Kings can pull off a win in Game 3, they’ll be in a familiar position once again as they’ve gone up 3-0 in each of their series this season. Doing that once again will put them on the precipice of greatness.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)