Jun 3, 2012, 12:37 AM EST
Let this stat sink in: The Los Angeles Kings are 10-0 on the road in the playoffs.
Now they’re headed back home with a 2-0 series lead and in command of the Stanley Cup finals.
That road unbeaten streak doesn’t have much significance to Dustin Penner, however — when asked what the streak means to him and the rest of the Kings, Penner was blunt.
“It’s not that special to us,” Penner said. “There’s something that’s a lot more special we’re working towards.”
That giant silver trophy that the Los Angeles Kings have never won before in franchise history seems to be a bit of a big deal. Go figure.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28