Jun 3, 2012, 12:37 AM EDT
Let this stat sink in: The Los Angeles Kings are 10-0 on the road in the playoffs.
Now they’re headed back home with a 2-0 series lead and in command of the Stanley Cup finals.
That road unbeaten streak doesn’t have much significance to Dustin Penner, however — when asked what the streak means to him and the rest of the Kings, Penner was blunt.
“It’s not that special to us,” Penner said. “There’s something that’s a lot more special we’re working towards.”
That giant silver trophy that the Los Angeles Kings have never won before in franchise history seems to be a bit of a big deal. Go figure.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)