Jun 3, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
The Kings are in familiar territory being up 2-0 in a playoff series seeing how they’ve done that in each round. Having it be the Stanley Cup finals makes it a lot more impressive as the New Jersey Devils aren’t exactly pushovers.
Considering the Kings have been at this point in a series before, however, they know they haven’t won anything yet and made sure to say as much following their 2-1 overtime win in Game 2.
“It feels great, but you don’t win anything with two games,” Jarret Stoll said. “We’ve got two more to go. Those are definitely going to be the toughest, we all know that from experience this year in the playoffs.”
With their two wins in this series coming in overtime, Kings forward Dustin Penner told reporters following the game that winning like that shows a particular quality about the team.
“Resiliency I’d say. Bending, not breaking. That’s what you have to do to pull games out like this. They applied a lot of pressure they had a strong game. We found a way to win.”
L.A. has gotten really good at finding ways to win as they’re now 14-2 in the playoffs and 4-0 in overtime games.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)