Jun 3, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
The Kings are in familiar territory being up 2-0 in a playoff series seeing how they’ve done that in each round. Having it be the Stanley Cup finals makes it a lot more impressive as the New Jersey Devils aren’t exactly pushovers.
Considering the Kings have been at this point in a series before, however, they know they haven’t won anything yet and made sure to say as much following their 2-1 overtime win in Game 2.
“It feels great, but you don’t win anything with two games,” Jarret Stoll said. “We’ve got two more to go. Those are definitely going to be the toughest, we all know that from experience this year in the playoffs.”
With their two wins in this series coming in overtime, Kings forward Dustin Penner told reporters following the game that winning like that shows a particular quality about the team.
“Resiliency I’d say. Bending, not breaking. That’s what you have to do to pull games out like this. They applied a lot of pressure they had a strong game. We found a way to win.”
L.A. has gotten really good at finding ways to win as they’re now 14-2 in the playoffs and 4-0 in overtime games.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)