Jun 3, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
The Kings are in familiar territory being up 2-0 in a playoff series seeing how they’ve done that in each round. Having it be the Stanley Cup finals makes it a lot more impressive as the New Jersey Devils aren’t exactly pushovers.
Considering the Kings have been at this point in a series before, however, they know they haven’t won anything yet and made sure to say as much following their 2-1 overtime win in Game 2.
“It feels great, but you don’t win anything with two games,” Jarret Stoll said. “We’ve got two more to go. Those are definitely going to be the toughest, we all know that from experience this year in the playoffs.”
With their two wins in this series coming in overtime, Kings forward Dustin Penner told reporters following the game that winning like that shows a particular quality about the team.
“Resiliency I’d say. Bending, not breaking. That’s what you have to do to pull games out like this. They applied a lot of pressure they had a strong game. We found a way to win.”
L.A. has gotten really good at finding ways to win as they’re now 14-2 in the playoffs and 4-0 in overtime games.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 11
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 18
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 22
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car