Jun 3, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
The Kings are in familiar territory being up 2-0 in a playoff series seeing how they’ve done that in each round. Having it be the Stanley Cup finals makes it a lot more impressive as the New Jersey Devils aren’t exactly pushovers.
Considering the Kings have been at this point in a series before, however, they know they haven’t won anything yet and made sure to say as much following their 2-1 overtime win in Game 2.
“It feels great, but you don’t win anything with two games,” Jarret Stoll said. “We’ve got two more to go. Those are definitely going to be the toughest, we all know that from experience this year in the playoffs.”
With their two wins in this series coming in overtime, Kings forward Dustin Penner told reporters following the game that winning like that shows a particular quality about the team.
“Resiliency I’d say. Bending, not breaking. That’s what you have to do to pull games out like this. They applied a lot of pressure they had a strong game. We found a way to win.”
L.A. has gotten really good at finding ways to win as they’re now 14-2 in the playoffs and 4-0 in overtime games.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 11
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 13
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 24
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)