Jun 3, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
The Kings are in familiar territory being up 2-0 in a playoff series seeing how they’ve done that in each round. Having it be the Stanley Cup finals makes it a lot more impressive as the New Jersey Devils aren’t exactly pushovers.
Considering the Kings have been at this point in a series before, however, they know they haven’t won anything yet and made sure to say as much following their 2-1 overtime win in Game 2.
“It feels great, but you don’t win anything with two games,” Jarret Stoll said. “We’ve got two more to go. Those are definitely going to be the toughest, we all know that from experience this year in the playoffs.”
With their two wins in this series coming in overtime, Kings forward Dustin Penner told reporters following the game that winning like that shows a particular quality about the team.
“Resiliency I’d say. Bending, not breaking. That’s what you have to do to pull games out like this. They applied a lot of pressure they had a strong game. We found a way to win.”
L.A. has gotten really good at finding ways to win as they’re now 14-2 in the playoffs and 4-0 in overtime games.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 26
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)