Jun 3, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
It’s safe to assume that the Los Angeles Kings run has been wild for every member of that team. They are just two wins shy of becoming the only eighth-seed to ever win the Stanley Cup. Still, situation has to be particularly surprising to Jeff Carter.
“I wouldn’t have imagined this three or four months ago,” Carter admitted. “It’s crazy how things work out. We’re two wins away from winning the Stanley Cup. It’s pretty surreal right now.”
After scoring the game-winning goal in overtime, in Game 2, Carter opened about about his roller-coaster year.
He a long-term deal with the Philadelphia Flyers, but Carter got dealt to the Columbus Blue Jackets and went from playing on a potential Stanley Cup contender to a team still trying to figure out how to make the playoffs.
“It wasn’t an easy situation obviously,” Carter said. “Being in Philly for six years, all you do there is win, right? That’s really all you know. They teach you the right way there.
“Going to Columbus, it was a team that was struggling. Obviously there were some expectations going into the season. Things didn’t work out the way everybody had hoped. I’m happy where I’m at now.”
It’s not hard to see why.
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 1
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 67
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 23
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination