Jun 3, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
It’s safe to assume that the Los Angeles Kings run has been wild for every member of that team. They are just two wins shy of becoming the only eighth-seed to ever win the Stanley Cup. Still, situation has to be particularly surprising to Jeff Carter.
“I wouldn’t have imagined this three or four months ago,” Carter admitted. “It’s crazy how things work out. We’re two wins away from winning the Stanley Cup. It’s pretty surreal right now.”
After scoring the game-winning goal in overtime, in Game 2, Carter opened about about his roller-coaster year.
He a long-term deal with the Philadelphia Flyers, but Carter got dealt to the Columbus Blue Jackets and went from playing on a potential Stanley Cup contender to a team still trying to figure out how to make the playoffs.
“It wasn’t an easy situation obviously,” Carter said. “Being in Philly for six years, all you do there is win, right? That’s really all you know. They teach you the right way there.
“Going to Columbus, it was a team that was struggling. Obviously there were some expectations going into the season. Things didn’t work out the way everybody had hoped. I’m happy where I’m at now.”
It’s not hard to see why.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)