Jun 3, 2012, 8:15 PM EST
It’s safe to assume that the Los Angeles Kings run has been wild for every member of that team. They are just two wins shy of becoming the only eighth-seed to ever win the Stanley Cup. Still, situation has to be particularly surprising to Jeff Carter.
“I wouldn’t have imagined this three or four months ago,” Carter admitted. “It’s crazy how things work out. We’re two wins away from winning the Stanley Cup. It’s pretty surreal right now.”
After scoring the game-winning goal in overtime, in Game 2, Carter opened about about his roller-coaster year.
He a long-term deal with the Philadelphia Flyers, but Carter got dealt to the Columbus Blue Jackets and went from playing on a potential Stanley Cup contender to a team still trying to figure out how to make the playoffs.
“It wasn’t an easy situation obviously,” Carter said. “Being in Philly for six years, all you do there is win, right? That’s really all you know. They teach you the right way there.
“Going to Columbus, it was a team that was struggling. Obviously there were some expectations going into the season. Things didn’t work out the way everybody had hoped. I’m happy where I’m at now.”
It’s not hard to see why.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)