Jun 3, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
It’s safe to assume that the Los Angeles Kings run has been wild for every member of that team. They are just two wins shy of becoming the only eighth-seed to ever win the Stanley Cup. Still, situation has to be particularly surprising to Jeff Carter.
“I wouldn’t have imagined this three or four months ago,” Carter admitted. “It’s crazy how things work out. We’re two wins away from winning the Stanley Cup. It’s pretty surreal right now.”
After scoring the game-winning goal in overtime, in Game 2, Carter opened about about his roller-coaster year.
He a long-term deal with the Philadelphia Flyers, but Carter got dealt to the Columbus Blue Jackets and went from playing on a potential Stanley Cup contender to a team still trying to figure out how to make the playoffs.
“It wasn’t an easy situation obviously,” Carter said. “Being in Philly for six years, all you do there is win, right? That’s really all you know. They teach you the right way there.
“Going to Columbus, it was a team that was struggling. Obviously there were some expectations going into the season. Things didn’t work out the way everybody had hoped. I’m happy where I’m at now.”
It’s not hard to see why.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)