Jun 3, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
It’s safe to assume that the Los Angeles Kings run has been wild for every member of that team. They are just two wins shy of becoming the only eighth-seed to ever win the Stanley Cup. Still, situation has to be particularly surprising to Jeff Carter.
“I wouldn’t have imagined this three or four months ago,” Carter admitted. “It’s crazy how things work out. We’re two wins away from winning the Stanley Cup. It’s pretty surreal right now.”
After scoring the game-winning goal in overtime, in Game 2, Carter opened about about his roller-coaster year.
He a long-term deal with the Philadelphia Flyers, but Carter got dealt to the Columbus Blue Jackets and went from playing on a potential Stanley Cup contender to a team still trying to figure out how to make the playoffs.
“It wasn’t an easy situation obviously,” Carter said. “Being in Philly for six years, all you do there is win, right? That’s really all you know. They teach you the right way there.
“Going to Columbus, it was a team that was struggling. Obviously there were some expectations going into the season. Things didn’t work out the way everybody had hoped. I’m happy where I’m at now.”
It’s not hard to see why.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 0
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 2
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 33
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)