Jun 3, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have suffered back-to-back 2-1 overtime loses to the Los Angeles Kings. However, while the result was the same, the Devils did look significantly better in Game 2.
“I think when you reflect for a day, when you look at the tape, we did a lot of good things,” Devils coach Peter DeBoer said. “Obviously there’s some areas we have to do a better job at. But I really liked our game.
“Game 1 to Game 2, I thought we were 50% better. I still think we have some more in the tank.”
The fact of the matter is they’re still down 2-0 in the series. Still, it does give them a ray of hope, especially seeing as the Devils have usually gotten better in the latter half of their 2012 playoff series.
“We got down to Philly, rattled off four wins in a row,” DeBoer said. “Got down to the Rangers, rattled off three in a row. We know we have that, that we’re capable of doing that. It’s a matter of getting it done.
“This isn’t an easy task. They’re a very good team. They’ve shown that. But we’re a confident group. There will be no laying down by our group.”
The Devils are a franchise that have seen their fair share of turmoil over the past two years. From their horrid start to the 2010-11 campaign to now, the Devils have battled through trial after trial and they’re still here. That counts for something, but it might not be enough given the enormity of the mountain they have to climb.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)