Jun 3, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have suffered back-to-back 2-1 overtime loses to the Los Angeles Kings. However, while the result was the same, the Devils did look significantly better in Game 2.
“I think when you reflect for a day, when you look at the tape, we did a lot of good things,” Devils coach Peter DeBoer said. “Obviously there’s some areas we have to do a better job at. But I really liked our game.
“Game 1 to Game 2, I thought we were 50% better. I still think we have some more in the tank.”
The fact of the matter is they’re still down 2-0 in the series. Still, it does give them a ray of hope, especially seeing as the Devils have usually gotten better in the latter half of their 2012 playoff series.
“We got down to Philly, rattled off four wins in a row,” DeBoer said. “Got down to the Rangers, rattled off three in a row. We know we have that, that we’re capable of doing that. It’s a matter of getting it done.
“This isn’t an easy task. They’re a very good team. They’ve shown that. But we’re a confident group. There will be no laying down by our group.”
The Devils are a franchise that have seen their fair share of turmoil over the past two years. From their horrid start to the 2010-11 campaign to now, the Devils have battled through trial after trial and they’re still here. That counts for something, but it might not be enough given the enormity of the mountain they have to climb.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 6
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 29
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)