Jun 3, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have suffered back-to-back 2-1 overtime loses to the Los Angeles Kings. However, while the result was the same, the Devils did look significantly better in Game 2.
“I think when you reflect for a day, when you look at the tape, we did a lot of good things,” Devils coach Peter DeBoer said. “Obviously there’s some areas we have to do a better job at. But I really liked our game.
“Game 1 to Game 2, I thought we were 50% better. I still think we have some more in the tank.”
The fact of the matter is they’re still down 2-0 in the series. Still, it does give them a ray of hope, especially seeing as the Devils have usually gotten better in the latter half of their 2012 playoff series.
“We got down to Philly, rattled off four wins in a row,” DeBoer said. “Got down to the Rangers, rattled off three in a row. We know we have that, that we’re capable of doing that. It’s a matter of getting it done.
“This isn’t an easy task. They’re a very good team. They’ve shown that. But we’re a confident group. There will be no laying down by our group.”
The Devils are a franchise that have seen their fair share of turmoil over the past two years. From their horrid start to the 2010-11 campaign to now, the Devils have battled through trial after trial and they’re still here. That counts for something, but it might not be enough given the enormity of the mountain they have to climb.
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 0
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 19
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 12
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 22
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 32
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles