Jun 2, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
When the Stanley Cup finals shifts to Los Angeles for Games 3 and 4, all the stars will be out for it including The Great One.
Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press reports Wayne Gretzky will be in the house for Game 3 and dropping the ceremonial first puck.
Gretzky, of course, was the captain of the 1993 Kings team that was the franchise’s first and last team to reach the Stanley Cup finals. The Kings lost to Montreal that season, but with the current Kings leading the series 1-0 with a shot at heading home up 2-0 tonight, the atmosphere will officially be off the charts.
With the Kings facing the Devils, there’s no irony being lost as Gretzky once famously roasted the Devils for being a “Mickey Mouse organization” as a member of the Oilers after a 13-4 thrashing of New Jersey. They’re both a long way from those words being close to true.
Jul 5, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
He was bought out by Carolina last week.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
He’ll make $650,000 at the NHL level and $250,000 in the AHL.
Jul 5, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Hearings will take place in Toronto from July 20 to August 4
Jul 5, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
It’s reportedly a two-way contract worth $600,000.
Jul 5, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
The deal will reportedly pay him $4.1 million next season.
Jul 5, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
His peak came in 2013-14: 19 goals, 51 points.
Jul 5, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Perhaps Blue Jackets prospects can learn from his scrappy ways.
Jul 5, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Some depth for the Bolts.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
He shared his story (and struggles) this past week.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
It may leave them in a “cap vise.”
Jul 5, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
That doesn’t guarantee that a hearing would take place, though.
Jul 5, 2015, 9:36 AM EDT
Brandon Dubinsky is the latest to pipe up.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
Vancouver started its development camp this weekend.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:10 PM EDT
His offensive totals were down, but was regularly used on penalty kill.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT
Spent most of the 2014-15 season in the OHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
They had agreed to terms last weekend.
Jul 4, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Played 37 games with Edmonton last season before getting sent back to the WHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
He signed with Pittsburgh on Wednesday.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:57 PM EDT
Both received two-way deals.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
Will he make the 2015-16 Flyers?
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)