Jun 2, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
When the Stanley Cup finals shifts to Los Angeles for Games 3 and 4, all the stars will be out for it including The Great One.
Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press reports Wayne Gretzky will be in the house for Game 3 and dropping the ceremonial first puck.
Gretzky, of course, was the captain of the 1993 Kings team that was the franchise’s first and last team to reach the Stanley Cup finals. The Kings lost to Montreal that season, but with the current Kings leading the series 1-0 with a shot at heading home up 2-0 tonight, the atmosphere will officially be off the charts.
With the Kings facing the Devils, there’s no irony being lost as Gretzky once famously roasted the Devils for being a “Mickey Mouse organization” as a member of the Oilers after a 13-4 thrashing of New Jersey. They’re both a long way from those words being close to true.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 7
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)