Jun 2, 2012, 9:59 PM EST
Jonathan Quick has been a huge part of the Los Angeles Kings’ postseason run. Recently he sat down to talk about the speed at which he plays the game, his role model, and what it’s like matching up against Martin Brodeur.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Stanley Cup finals is far from over, but Quick already looks like a top contender for the Conn Smythe Trophy. If he pulls that off, he’ll have managed to accomplish something that has alluded Brodeur throughout his illustrious career. Brodeur has won the Stanley Cup three times and the Vezina Trophy four times, but he’s never been named the MVP of the playoffs.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8