Jun 2, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick has been a huge part of the Los Angeles Kings’ postseason run. Recently he sat down to talk about the speed at which he plays the game, his role model, and what it’s like matching up against Martin Brodeur.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Stanley Cup finals is far from over, but Quick already looks like a top contender for the Conn Smythe Trophy. If he pulls that off, he’ll have managed to accomplish something that has alluded Brodeur throughout his illustrious career. Brodeur has won the Stanley Cup three times and the Vezina Trophy four times, but he’s never been named the MVP of the playoffs.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36