Jun 2, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick has been a huge part of the Los Angeles Kings’ postseason run. Recently he sat down to talk about the speed at which he plays the game, his role model, and what it’s like matching up against Martin Brodeur.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Stanley Cup finals is far from over, but Quick already looks like a top contender for the Conn Smythe Trophy. If he pulls that off, he’ll have managed to accomplish something that has alluded Brodeur throughout his illustrious career. Brodeur has won the Stanley Cup three times and the Vezina Trophy four times, but he’s never been named the MVP of the playoffs.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34