Jun 2, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick has been a huge part of the Los Angeles Kings’ postseason run. Recently he sat down to talk about the speed at which he plays the game, his role model, and what it’s like matching up against Martin Brodeur.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Stanley Cup finals is far from over, but Quick already looks like a top contender for the Conn Smythe Trophy. If he pulls that off, he’ll have managed to accomplish something that has alluded Brodeur throughout his illustrious career. Brodeur has won the Stanley Cup three times and the Vezina Trophy four times, but he’s never been named the MVP of the playoffs.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3