Jun 2, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
With two days off between Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, everyone’s a bit stir crazy to get back to the action. Not just the fans but the players and coaches are eager to get out there but if you think it’s going to affect them on the ice, you’ve got another thing coming.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer says the layoff between games doesn’t favor anyone in particular.
I don’t think it’s a perfect scenario, all the days off,” DeBoer said. “I don’t think anyone enjoys that. You want to play. You get to this point, you know, as coaches you get tired at looking at tape, analyzing, you analyze it to death. From a player’s perspective, you know, they have that nervous energy. The only release is dropping the puck and playing.”
“I don’t think it favors either side. It is what it is and you just deal with it the best you can.”
“We’ve had this a lot actually back in the earlier series just cause of the Staples Center scheduling with the Clippers and Lakers being there, we had a lot of two days in between so we’re used to it,” Brown said.
“It’s a little more difficult maybe sitting around when you’re not at home. But that’s all part of it.”
With the amount of rest both teams have had and with the ice at Prudential Center looking in much better shape this morning, expect Game 2 to help both teams get out that pent up aggression.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)