Jun 2, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
With two days off between Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, everyone’s a bit stir crazy to get back to the action. Not just the fans but the players and coaches are eager to get out there but if you think it’s going to affect them on the ice, you’ve got another thing coming.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer says the layoff between games doesn’t favor anyone in particular.
I don’t think it’s a perfect scenario, all the days off,” DeBoer said. “I don’t think anyone enjoys that. You want to play. You get to this point, you know, as coaches you get tired at looking at tape, analyzing, you analyze it to death. From a player’s perspective, you know, they have that nervous energy. The only release is dropping the puck and playing.”
“I don’t think it favors either side. It is what it is and you just deal with it the best you can.”
“We’ve had this a lot actually back in the earlier series just cause of the Staples Center scheduling with the Clippers and Lakers being there, we had a lot of two days in between so we’re used to it,” Brown said.
“It’s a little more difficult maybe sitting around when you’re not at home. But that’s all part of it.”
With the amount of rest both teams have had and with the ice at Prudential Center looking in much better shape this morning, expect Game 2 to help both teams get out that pent up aggression.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)