Jun 2, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
With two days off between Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, everyone’s a bit stir crazy to get back to the action. Not just the fans but the players and coaches are eager to get out there but if you think it’s going to affect them on the ice, you’ve got another thing coming.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer says the layoff between games doesn’t favor anyone in particular.
I don’t think it’s a perfect scenario, all the days off,” DeBoer said. “I don’t think anyone enjoys that. You want to play. You get to this point, you know, as coaches you get tired at looking at tape, analyzing, you analyze it to death. From a player’s perspective, you know, they have that nervous energy. The only release is dropping the puck and playing.”
“I don’t think it favors either side. It is what it is and you just deal with it the best you can.”
“We’ve had this a lot actually back in the earlier series just cause of the Staples Center scheduling with the Clippers and Lakers being there, we had a lot of two days in between so we’re used to it,” Brown said.
“It’s a little more difficult maybe sitting around when you’re not at home. But that’s all part of it.”
With the amount of rest both teams have had and with the ice at Prudential Center looking in much better shape this morning, expect Game 2 to help both teams get out that pent up aggression.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)