Jun 2, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
With two days off between Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, everyone’s a bit stir crazy to get back to the action. Not just the fans but the players and coaches are eager to get out there but if you think it’s going to affect them on the ice, you’ve got another thing coming.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer says the layoff between games doesn’t favor anyone in particular.
I don’t think it’s a perfect scenario, all the days off,” DeBoer said. “I don’t think anyone enjoys that. You want to play. You get to this point, you know, as coaches you get tired at looking at tape, analyzing, you analyze it to death. From a player’s perspective, you know, they have that nervous energy. The only release is dropping the puck and playing.”
“I don’t think it favors either side. It is what it is and you just deal with it the best you can.”
“We’ve had this a lot actually back in the earlier series just cause of the Staples Center scheduling with the Clippers and Lakers being there, we had a lot of two days in between so we’re used to it,” Brown said.
“It’s a little more difficult maybe sitting around when you’re not at home. But that’s all part of it.”
With the amount of rest both teams have had and with the ice at Prudential Center looking in much better shape this morning, expect Game 2 to help both teams get out that pent up aggression.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (80)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)