Thomas asks “See why hockey’s just not that important right now?” on Facebook, quickly deletes message (Update: Back now)
Jun 2, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
Tim Thomas spoke out around warm-up time for Game 2 of the 2012 Stanley Cup finals, but it didn’t shed any light on his future with the Boston Bruins nor did he discuss the Los Angeles Kings or New Jersey Devils.
Instead, he took to Facebook to discuss the world’s economic future, with the pointed comment “See why hockey isn’t that important right now?” He quickly deleted the message, however, so here is a screen cap of what he wrote and linked.
In case you want to read the article Thomas posted, here’s a link.
Update: The posting appears to be back online now. You can see it here.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)