PHT Stanley Cup finals Game 2 Live Chat: Los Angeles at New Jersey

Jun 2, 2012, 8:38 PM EDT

Tonight, join all your favorite PHTers — Halford! Brough! Yerdon! O’Brien! Dadoun! The guy who posts Elvis videos in the comments section! — at 8pm ET for another enthralling Stanley Cup finals live chat.

It’s Game 2 of Kings-Devils from the Prudential Center in New Jersey, with the Kings looking to take a 2-0 stranglehold on the series. The chatty goodness will get underway around the time of puck drop, so be sure to visit often and weigh in on the game.

1. highlander24 - Jun 2, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Let’s set the tone early and take game 2!!! GO KINGS GO!!!

2. blindandhappy - Jun 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I can’t see the kings winning tonight

3. nelsonmp19 - Jun 2, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Seriously are you even kidding me, the NBC staff is so pro LA it makes me sick!!!!! Come on what happened to a non-biased staff! I guess that is where you fail NBC. First of all just to respond to any kind of comment I have to sell my first born son, I guess you don’t take negative comments so well. Seriously Mike Milbury is your worst analyst for hockey fire him. Anybody that so much loves the big market teams is a failure in my book. By the way just a little lesson for you the NJ Devils have won three Stanley Cups since the sorry LA Kings have won one!!!!!!!!!

• maalea - Jun 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Let’s see if I have this right, the play by play is being called for NBC by Doc Emerick, who just happens to be the Devils play by play man when he isn’t doing national games and he’s biased against the Devils?

Right.

• lwhojai - Jun 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Ok maalea tell us then….1) In the 20 min pre-game, what was the ONLY story about the Devils? 2) At the start of the game, which was the ONLY team with highlights and players comments shown as a lead-in? 3) What were the two pre-produced stories shown between the 1st and 2nd period?

I’ll come back in 10 min with the answers for you while you think about…

• killerpooh - Jun 2, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Huh? Most analysis is “This is what the Devils need to do to win” or “This is what the Devils need to do to score” or “This is what the Devils need to do to negate Doughty” or “This is what Kovalchuk needs to do” ..

The bias is slight, but the broadcast is Devils-centric.

• lwhojai - Jun 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Sure Killerpooh. Notice even maalea steped out of the talk when questioned…(By the way maalea, where WAS the NJ pre-produced story in the second intermission like you said there would be?).

Let’s recap this “Devil-centric coverage so far…

Pre-game) One ONE pre-produced segment on the Devils (3 min of one-ice on how the Devils had to forecheck better)

Game Lead-In) Showed ONLY LA Kings highlights and Player comments

1st Intermission) Two pre-produced segments shown focused on the Kings (Road Wins and J. Quick)

2nd Intermission) Whole first segment talked about Quick and Doughty. Second segment with “Playing Coach” where the Millbury question he had to answer pretending to be the Devils coach was “Is Quick getting in your head?”

Sounds like your right Pooh, all Devils all the time coverage on NBC…

• maalea - Jun 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I didn’t check back until now. There wasn’t a Devil’s segment between 2nd and 3rd like they usually do.

I do remember between the 1st and 2nd in game 1 there was a piece on Marty. So maybe they are breaking it up by games.

As far as the pre-game, I’ll have to take your word for that, I didn’t watch it.

But tell me what is the motivation rooting for the Kings? If anything I would think NBC wanted the Devils to tie up the series. More drama, more ratings, more money.

4. nelsonmp19 - Jun 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM

What is everyone to scared to actually make a true sportsman comment like ESPN people do!

5. nelsonmp19 - Jun 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Marty Marty Marty!!!!!!!!!

6. nelsonmp19 - Jun 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Seriously this site is so, how should I say, terrible! Come on where is the opinions, sell me your point of view. I guess nobody on NBC has one unless you love the sorry LA teams!!!!!

7. lwhojai - Jun 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Dear LA Kings PR Department and Fox Sports West,

Just wanted to thank you for giving us since a pleasant three day vacation in the middle of a hectic Stanley Cup Final schedule. Your providing us with all the pre-game, between-period, and storyline content for this game allowed us to sleep in late today. We showed up about 7:45pm to put on our make-up before the 8pm broadcast. All we have had to do is smile and read all the scripts you left for us.

Thanks again and look forward to the same level of service you have given us when we see you Monday in LA.

Sincerely,

The Entire NHL on NBC Team!!!!

• maalea - Jun 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

If you boys from North Joisey watch the 2nd intermission, I’m sure there will be a feature about your beloved Devils.

That’s how it works, the 1st period feature segment is about one team and during the 2nd break the feature is about the other team.

Seems fair to me.

• lwhojai - Jun 2, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Sooo…where was it???? Did I somehow miss that Devils feature in the second intermission like you said? I only heard them talk about Quick and Doughty the whole first segment and then “Playing Coach” in the second segment…What did I miss?

Starting to see where the NJ fans are coming from?

8. 1trojanlove - Jun 2, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Haters be hating!! The reason they keep talking about LA, is there Winning every game! Play better and get a win and the might talk about the Devils…. Until that happens Go Kings!

9. biffnasty - Jun 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Lwhojai…..
    Dude, you sound like a little girl complaining her older brother gets more attention. Chill out man, your not even posting about the game. Your crying because the Kings are getting more pre game coverage. Typical devils fan. Worse than a flyers fan

10. sportsfreak13 - Jun 2, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Your 100% right biffnasty. People need to care more about how their team is playing then how much face time they get on TV or how many people root for their team. Just enjoy watching them play and comment on the game not the coverage.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches