Jun 2, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
After Game 1 there was some talk perhaps the Devils would make a switch in their defensive lineup. That won’t be the case, however, as coach Peter DeBoer addressed the media after the team’s morning skate saying there won’t be any changes for Game 2.
One player who is angling to get a start is defenseman Henrik Tallinder. Tallinder has been out since January 17 with a blood clot in his leg, but he’s been practicing with the team and is ready to play. DeBoer says he wouldn’t fear putting Tallinder into the lineup and says we might even see him before the finals are over.
“I do know this. I know he’s kept himself in great shape, he’s looked in practice, and before he went out he was a top two defenseman for us,” DeBoer said. “You hope you get the desired result [when he returns] but you never know.”
If the Devils manage to fall behind 2-0 in the series, Tallinder might get their shot to play.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9