Jun 2, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
One thing lacking from Game 1 was any kind of nastiness from either the Kings or the Devils. While we remember the Bruins and Canucks instantly getting under each other’s skin last season in the finals, that hasn’t happened yet this year.
Devils coach Peter DeBoer feels just fine about the series, so far, lacking any kind of heat as he told reporters this morning.
“I would doubt you’re going to see any fighting,” DeBoer said. “I think both teams’ discipline is at a premium. We’re both good five-on-five teams. I don’t think either of us wants to get into a specialty team game. You’re not going to see any of that stuff.”
“But that doesn’t mean it’s not a war at ice level for ice and puck battles and space.”
The teams weren’t lacking in physicality as there more than 70 hits doled out in Game 1 with the Devils in particular stepping up their game later on. With more hits comes upset feelings. There might not be any rough stuff at the moment, but it’s coming.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 13
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 48
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 13
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)