Jun 2, 2012, 7:54 PM EDT
“There hasn’t been any negotiations as of yet,” Kronwall said. “So I don’t think you should be concerned about what may or may not happen.”
Those talks are expected to start in the coming weeks and at that point, the battle lines should become more apparent. For now, a popular belief is that the owners are going to ask for a bigger share of the league’s revenues. It’s not clear how willing the players would be to make financial concessions, but Kronwall remains optimistic that something can get done.
“The feeling for me, anyway, is hockey is doing real well,” Kronwall said. “There are a lot of fans at the games. We’re getting more fans as every day goes by, it feels like.
“And that’s the main goal. To make hockey even bigger and a more popular sport. To have more kids play and so forth.
“I’m still hoping that maybe with some minor tweaks, we’ll making everything (an agreement) happen.”
Kronwall added that the players are “comfortable” with the status quo and he’s hoping the owners are too. It’s hard to know for sure until the negotiations start, but then, that’s kind of Kronwall’s point.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)