Jun 2, 2012, 7:54 PM EDT
“There hasn’t been any negotiations as of yet,” Kronwall said. “So I don’t think you should be concerned about what may or may not happen.”
Those talks are expected to start in the coming weeks and at that point, the battle lines should become more apparent. For now, a popular belief is that the owners are going to ask for a bigger share of the league’s revenues. It’s not clear how willing the players would be to make financial concessions, but Kronwall remains optimistic that something can get done.
“The feeling for me, anyway, is hockey is doing real well,” Kronwall said. “There are a lot of fans at the games. We’re getting more fans as every day goes by, it feels like.
“And that’s the main goal. To make hockey even bigger and a more popular sport. To have more kids play and so forth.
“I’m still hoping that maybe with some minor tweaks, we’ll making everything (an agreement) happen.”
Kronwall added that the players are “comfortable” with the status quo and he’s hoping the owners are too. It’s hard to know for sure until the negotiations start, but then, that’s kind of Kronwall’s point.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)