Jun 2, 2012, 7:54 PM EST
“There hasn’t been any negotiations as of yet,” Kronwall said. “So I don’t think you should be concerned about what may or may not happen.”
Those talks are expected to start in the coming weeks and at that point, the battle lines should become more apparent. For now, a popular belief is that the owners are going to ask for a bigger share of the league’s revenues. It’s not clear how willing the players would be to make financial concessions, but Kronwall remains optimistic that something can get done.
“The feeling for me, anyway, is hockey is doing real well,” Kronwall said. “There are a lot of fans at the games. We’re getting more fans as every day goes by, it feels like.
“And that’s the main goal. To make hockey even bigger and a more popular sport. To have more kids play and so forth.
“I’m still hoping that maybe with some minor tweaks, we’ll making everything (an agreement) happen.”
Kronwall added that the players are “comfortable” with the status quo and he’s hoping the owners are too. It’s hard to know for sure until the negotiations start, but then, that’s kind of Kronwall’s point.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)