Jun 2, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
There are three head coaching positions still left to be filled in the NHL as Edmonton, Montreal, and Washington are still looking for help behind the bench. One guy who wants you to know he’d be a great candidate is Marc Crawford.
Crawford was the coach in Colorado, Vancouver, Dallas, and Los Angeles in the past and he tells Ben Kuzma of The Province he has all it takes to do the job the right way.
“I’m a really good communicator and a team player,” added Crawford. “You can’t be successful unless you’re a guy who collaborates and since the salary cap, you really have to be a problem solver because there’s not the ability to change you’re group like days gone by [hello, Mike Keenan]. I did a great job of making teams and players better.”
I wish I could take credit for the Keenan burn, but that’s all on Kuzma.
Crawford hasn’t coached in the NHL since he was let go by the Stars after the 2010-2011 season and after a full season away from the bench it’s clear he’s got the itch to get back at it. Plus with a statement like that, he sounds a lot like the guy in “Office Space” yelling about how he’s got great people skills and that’s always fun. Now Crawford will just have to hope GMs like Steve Tambellini, Marc Bergevin, and George McPhee aren’t like the Bobs and give him a shot.
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 3
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 28
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)