Jun 2, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
There are three head coaching positions still left to be filled in the NHL as Edmonton, Montreal, and Washington are still looking for help behind the bench. One guy who wants you to know he’d be a great candidate is Marc Crawford.
Crawford was the coach in Colorado, Vancouver, Dallas, and Los Angeles in the past and he tells Ben Kuzma of The Province he has all it takes to do the job the right way.
“I’m a really good communicator and a team player,” added Crawford. “You can’t be successful unless you’re a guy who collaborates and since the salary cap, you really have to be a problem solver because there’s not the ability to change you’re group like days gone by [hello, Mike Keenan]. I did a great job of making teams and players better.”
I wish I could take credit for the Keenan burn, but that’s all on Kuzma.
Crawford hasn’t coached in the NHL since he was let go by the Stars after the 2010-2011 season and after a full season away from the bench it’s clear he’s got the itch to get back at it. Plus with a statement like that, he sounds a lot like the guy in “Office Space” yelling about how he’s got great people skills and that’s always fun. Now Crawford will just have to hope GMs like Steve Tambellini, Marc Bergevin, and George McPhee aren’t like the Bobs and give him a shot.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL