Jun 2, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
There are three head coaching positions still left to be filled in the NHL as Edmonton, Montreal, and Washington are still looking for help behind the bench. One guy who wants you to know he’d be a great candidate is Marc Crawford.
Crawford was the coach in Colorado, Vancouver, Dallas, and Los Angeles in the past and he tells Ben Kuzma of The Province he has all it takes to do the job the right way.
“I’m a really good communicator and a team player,” added Crawford. “You can’t be successful unless you’re a guy who collaborates and since the salary cap, you really have to be a problem solver because there’s not the ability to change you’re group like days gone by [hello, Mike Keenan]. I did a great job of making teams and players better.”
I wish I could take credit for the Keenan burn, but that’s all on Kuzma.
Crawford hasn’t coached in the NHL since he was let go by the Stars after the 2010-2011 season and after a full season away from the bench it’s clear he’s got the itch to get back at it. Plus with a statement like that, he sounds a lot like the guy in “Office Space” yelling about how he’s got great people skills and that’s always fun. Now Crawford will just have to hope GMs like Steve Tambellini, Marc Bergevin, and George McPhee aren’t like the Bobs and give him a shot.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)