Jun 2, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
There are three head coaching positions still left to be filled in the NHL as Edmonton, Montreal, and Washington are still looking for help behind the bench. One guy who wants you to know he’d be a great candidate is Marc Crawford.
Crawford was the coach in Colorado, Vancouver, Dallas, and Los Angeles in the past and he tells Ben Kuzma of The Province he has all it takes to do the job the right way.
“I’m a really good communicator and a team player,” added Crawford. “You can’t be successful unless you’re a guy who collaborates and since the salary cap, you really have to be a problem solver because there’s not the ability to change you’re group like days gone by [hello, Mike Keenan]. I did a great job of making teams and players better.”
I wish I could take credit for the Keenan burn, but that’s all on Kuzma.
Crawford hasn’t coached in the NHL since he was let go by the Stars after the 2010-2011 season and after a full season away from the bench it’s clear he’s got the itch to get back at it. Plus with a statement like that, he sounds a lot like the guy in “Office Space” yelling about how he’s got great people skills and that’s always fun. Now Crawford will just have to hope GMs like Steve Tambellini, Marc Bergevin, and George McPhee aren’t like the Bobs and give him a shot.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)