Jun 2, 2012, 11:46 PM EDT
Shortly after scoring the overtime winner to give L.A. a 2-1 win and 2-0 series lead in the 2012 Stanley Cup finals, Jeff Carter spoke with NBC’s Pierre McGuire about the shot that won it all — and might’ve let his team’s strategy slip in the process.
McGuire: Jeff that’s not the first time you guys have shot low stick side on Marty Brodeur, is that part of your plan?
Carter: (Smiling) Well, I can’t tell you too much, he might be watching this. But we’ve definitely talked about it, he’s a world-class goalie and we have to do our homework to beat him.
Here’s the interview in full:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To be fair, it’s not like the Kings have exploited a weakness of Brodeur’s incessantly throughout the first two games — they only have four goals, after all.
But that said, both Carter’s goal and Colin Fraser‘s series-opener were low shots, suggesting the Kings are aiming at a particular area upon getting in good shooting positions.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)