Jun 2, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche are set to have a wild summer. With just nine players from their NHL roster under contract next season, there are loads of RFAs and UFAs to be decided upon.
One of those potential unrestricted free agents is power forward David Jones and Adrian Dater of The Denver Post says the Avs want him back. Dater reports Jones’ agent Ross Gurney is in preliminary talks with the team on a new deal. Jones scored 20 goals last season and 27 the year before. While he’s dealt with injury issues in the past, he’s shown he’s a capable net-crashing forward with touch.
Dater also says for the Avalanche to express this much interest in one of their UFAs this far ahead of free agency is a good sign that the team wants to retain him. With a lot of decisions still to be made, Colorado is making it clear they want Jones and his 20-to-25 goal ability back in their lineup.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)