Jun 2, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche are set to have a wild summer. With just nine players from their NHL roster under contract next season, there are loads of RFAs and UFAs to be decided upon.
One of those potential unrestricted free agents is power forward David Jones and Adrian Dater of The Denver Post says the Avs want him back. Dater reports Jones’ agent Ross Gurney is in preliminary talks with the team on a new deal. Jones scored 20 goals last season and 27 the year before. While he’s dealt with injury issues in the past, he’s shown he’s a capable net-crashing forward with touch.
Dater also says for the Avalanche to express this much interest in one of their UFAs this far ahead of free agency is a good sign that the team wants to retain him. With a lot of decisions still to be made, Colorado is making it clear they want Jones and his 20-to-25 goal ability back in their lineup.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)