Jun 2, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche are set to have a wild summer. With just nine players from their NHL roster under contract next season, there are loads of RFAs and UFAs to be decided upon.
One of those potential unrestricted free agents is power forward David Jones and Adrian Dater of The Denver Post says the Avs want him back. Dater reports Jones’ agent Ross Gurney is in preliminary talks with the team on a new deal. Jones scored 20 goals last season and 27 the year before. While he’s dealt with injury issues in the past, he’s shown he’s a capable net-crashing forward with touch.
Dater also says for the Avalanche to express this much interest in one of their UFAs this far ahead of free agency is a good sign that the team wants to retain him. With a lot of decisions still to be made, Colorado is making it clear they want Jones and his 20-to-25 goal ability back in their lineup.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)