Jun 2, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche are set to have a wild summer. With just nine players from their NHL roster under contract next season, there are loads of RFAs and UFAs to be decided upon.
One of those potential unrestricted free agents is power forward David Jones and Adrian Dater of The Denver Post says the Avs want him back. Dater reports Jones’ agent Ross Gurney is in preliminary talks with the team on a new deal. Jones scored 20 goals last season and 27 the year before. While he’s dealt with injury issues in the past, he’s shown he’s a capable net-crashing forward with touch.
Dater also says for the Avalanche to express this much interest in one of their UFAs this far ahead of free agency is a good sign that the team wants to retain him. With a lot of decisions still to be made, Colorado is making it clear they want Jones and his 20-to-25 goal ability back in their lineup.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)