Jun 2, 2012, 11:32 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche are set to have a wild summer. With just nine players from their NHL roster under contract next season, there are loads of RFAs and UFAs to be decided upon.
One of those potential unrestricted free agents is power forward David Jones and Adrian Dater of The Denver Post says the Avs want him back. Dater reports Jones’ agent Ross Gurney is in preliminary talks with the team on a new deal. Jones scored 20 goals last season and 27 the year before. While he’s dealt with injury issues in the past, he’s shown he’s a capable net-crashing forward with touch.
Dater also says for the Avalanche to express this much interest in one of their UFAs this far ahead of free agency is a good sign that the team wants to retain him. With a lot of decisions still to be made, Colorado is making it clear they want Jones and his 20-to-25 goal ability back in their lineup.
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 10
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 36
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)