Jun 2, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
The Blues were more than excited to get 2010 first-round pick Vladimir Tarasenko signed today and maybe the most excited guy going was GM Doug Armstrong.
In the Blues’ release announcing the signing, Armstrong sounds ecstatic for getting Tarasenko out of the KHL.
“Vladi is coming off his best season as a professional and we are excited that he has decided to join our organization,” said Armstrong. “He has shown significant growth in his years in the KHL and we look forward to him taking his game to the next level as a St. Louis Blue.”
Tarasenko’s best season saw him put up 23 goals and 24 assists for two teams in the Russian pro league. That kind of production would’ve made him fourth on the Blues in points this past season and second in goals behind David Backes.
Yeah, the Blues might need a bit more offense next season. If Tarasenko can play similarly in the NHL, he’ll make a more than welcome addition to St. Louis’ lineup.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)