Jun 1, 2012, 8:15 AM EST
As much as Darryl Sutter tries to downplay it, the Los Angeles Kings are on a record-breaking road playoff run. They’re 9-0 in 2012 and carried over two wins from last year’s playoffs, pushing them ahead of any NHL squad when it comes to their road prowess. In other words, they’ve earned the right to be called “road warriors.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Naturally, as a lapsed pro wrestling fan, I cannot help but think of the other Road Warriors/Legion of Doom. With those two in mind, which Kings player would be Hawk and Animal? I’d go with Anze Kopitar for Animal (raccoon eyes) and Dustin Brown for Hawk (scrappiness, generally amusing facial hair, could totally imagine Brown say “Ohhhh what a rush!”) but feel free to share your own choices.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46