Jun 1, 2012, 8:15 AM EDT
As much as Darryl Sutter tries to downplay it, the Los Angeles Kings are on a record-breaking road playoff run. They’re 9-0 in 2012 and carried over two wins from last year’s playoffs, pushing them ahead of any NHL squad when it comes to their road prowess. In other words, they’ve earned the right to be called “road warriors.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Naturally, as a lapsed pro wrestling fan, I cannot help but think of the other Road Warriors/Legion of Doom. With those two in mind, which Kings player would be Hawk and Animal? I’d go with Anze Kopitar for Animal (raccoon eyes) and Dustin Brown for Hawk (scrappiness, generally amusing facial hair, could totally imagine Brown say “Ohhhh what a rush!”) but feel free to share your own choices.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 6
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1