Jun 1, 2012, 8:15 AM EDT
As much as Darryl Sutter tries to downplay it, the Los Angeles Kings are on a record-breaking road playoff run. They’re 9-0 in 2012 and carried over two wins from last year’s playoffs, pushing them ahead of any NHL squad when it comes to their road prowess. In other words, they’ve earned the right to be called “road warriors.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Naturally, as a lapsed pro wrestling fan, I cannot help but think of the other Road Warriors/Legion of Doom. With those two in mind, which Kings player would be Hawk and Animal? I’d go with Anze Kopitar for Animal (raccoon eyes) and Dustin Brown for Hawk (scrappiness, generally amusing facial hair, could totally imagine Brown say “Ohhhh what a rush!”) but feel free to share your own choices.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 4
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6