Jun 1, 2012, 8:15 AM EST
As much as Darryl Sutter tries to downplay it, the Los Angeles Kings are on a record-breaking road playoff run. They’re 9-0 in 2012 and carried over two wins from last year’s playoffs, pushing them ahead of any NHL squad when it comes to their road prowess. In other words, they’ve earned the right to be called “road warriors.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Naturally, as a lapsed pro wrestling fan, I cannot help but think of the other Road Warriors/Legion of Doom. With those two in mind, which Kings player would be Hawk and Animal? I’d go with Anze Kopitar for Animal (raccoon eyes) and Dustin Brown for Hawk (scrappiness, generally amusing facial hair, could totally imagine Brown say “Ohhhh what a rush!”) but feel free to share your own choices.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3