Jun 1, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils have been a huge success this season, but things haven’t been going quite as smoothly financially. New Jersey reportedly has $80 million in debt that they’re working on refinancing. In addition to that, minority owner Ray Chambers is interested in selling his 47% stake in the team.
Still NHL commissioner Gary Bettman recently said that progress is being made.
Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek also took the time to talk about the team’s situation on and off the ice. You can take a look at what he had to say below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56