Jun 1, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have been a huge success this season, but things haven’t been going quite as smoothly financially. New Jersey reportedly has $80 million in debt that they’re working on refinancing. In addition to that, minority owner Ray Chambers is interested in selling his 47% stake in the team.
Still NHL commissioner Gary Bettman recently said that progress is being made.
Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek also took the time to talk about the team’s situation on and off the ice. You can take a look at what he had to say below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5