Jun 1, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have been a huge success this season, but things haven’t been going quite as smoothly financially. New Jersey reportedly has $80 million in debt that they’re working on refinancing. In addition to that, minority owner Ray Chambers is interested in selling his 47% stake in the team.
Still NHL commissioner Gary Bettman recently said that progress is being made.
Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek also took the time to talk about the team’s situation on and off the ice. You can take a look at what he had to say below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 5
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)