Jun 1, 2012, 10:39 AM EDT
For Peter Chiarelli, it’s a start.
Facing an offseason where he’ll need to re-up with key players like Gregory Campbell, Chris Kelly, Mike Mottau, Greg Zanon, Tuukka Rask and Benoit Pouliot, the Bruins GM started small on Friday by signing forwards Daniel Paille and Chris Bourque.
Paille, 28, signed a three-year, $3.9 million deal while Bourque inked a two-year, two-way deal with an NHL value of $550,000 for both seasons and a salary of $200,000 at the AHL level. It should be noted Bourque’s deal turns into a one-way in 2013-14.
The Paille signing shores up Boston’s fourth line, though Chiarelli might also lock up Paille’s fellow grinder, Campbell, to fill it out entirely. As CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty writes, Paille’s “biggest value is his skating speed, his tenacity and his toughness in all phases of the game while serving as a valued member of the penalty kill.”
For more on Bourque, click here.
Finally, it’s been reported that Chiarelli will hold a conference call this afternoon to discuss the Paille signing and, possibly, the rumors that Tim Thomas might be taking a year’s sabbatical.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)