Scuderi on Kovalchuk and Parise: “Anytime we can keep those guys off the score sheet, we’ve got a chance to win”
May 31, 2012, 12:50 AM EDT
After the game, Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi told PHT keeping both in check is vitally important.
“[Kovalchuk’s] a special player. Both of them are very explosive offensively,” Scuderi said. “They get their teammates involved, they have great shots. They’re just great hockey players.
“Certainly anytime we can keep those guys off the score sheet we give ourselves a better shot to win a hockey game.”
Scuderi was complimentary, but make no mistake — Kovalchuk had a bad game and admitted as much to Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger.
“I thought it was probably the worst game of the playoffs for us,” Kovalchuk said. “Maybe we were a little too nervous.”
At the very least, Kovalchuk is good at keeping his teammates alive and well on the bench — just ask Ryan Carter (video courtesy The Score).
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (91)