Scuderi on Kovalchuk and Parise: “Anytime we can keep those guys off the score sheet, we’ve got a chance to win”
May 31, 2012, 12:50 AM EST
After the game, Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi told PHT keeping both in check is vitally important.
“[Kovalchuk’s] a special player. Both of them are very explosive offensively,” Scuderi said. “They get their teammates involved, they have great shots. They’re just great hockey players.
“Certainly anytime we can keep those guys off the score sheet we give ourselves a better shot to win a hockey game.”
Scuderi was complimentary, but make no mistake — Kovalchuk had a bad game and admitted as much to Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger.
“I thought it was probably the worst game of the playoffs for us,” Kovalchuk said. “Maybe we were a little too nervous.”
At the very least, Kovalchuk is good at keeping his teammates alive and well on the bench — just ask Ryan Carter (video courtesy The Score).
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54