May 31, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
In the wake of yet another Kane-related PR predicament for the Blackhawks – this one involving a well-documented day of partying at the University of Wisconsin – Sharp said it’s no picnic being a star like his friend and teammate.
“He lives a pretty famous lifestyle. Everyone can recognize him wherever he goes and he’s in the public eye quite a bit,” Sharp told the Chicago Sun-Times.
“Every time he’s out in public people want to meet him and take pictures and film him. It’s a different way to kind of live your life. But for the amount of success that he’s had at such a young age, he’s handled it pretty good.
“He’s a kid with a good head on his shoulders and I’m not worried about him at all.”
We’re not sure about “handled it pretty good,” but Sharp isn’t wrong about life for Kane in the public eye. Fame can be great at times, but it’s a curse, too.
Take it from a celebrity blogger.
Can’t even walk down the street.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 14
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 21
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 62
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 52
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights