May 31, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
According to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, the Phoenix Coyotes won’t be subjected to any fines for actions following their playoff elimination.
But that doesn’t mean they got off scot-free.
Campbell to Smith:
“Tossing your stick at the referee was real disrespectful.”
Campbell to Doan:
“Your comments after the game were not totally correct about the officiating and what you thought.”
Campbell to Hanzal:
“The way you went at the official after the game physically, you didn’t make contact, but that was disrespectful.”
Campbell to Yandle:
“I thought your comment about who was wearing what color was wrong. That’s the integrity of the game and you’re suggesting that because you didn’t have an owner that you have no support? Not a chance.”
Campbell said all four players agreed with his comments and that Doan was the most apologetic.
Campbell was also supposed to meet with Radim Vrbata but, in keeping with the spirit of the playoffs, Vrbata failed to show up. (Zing!)
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40