May 31, 2012, 12:16 AM EST
After the game, Brodeur spoke with reporters about what happened on the play.
“I thought [Kopitar] would go backhand,” the 40-year-old netminder said.
As we saw, Kopitar faked going backhand before pulling the puck to his forehand and slotting it past a prone Brodeur. Kopitar told reporters after the game, however, that Brodeur had every reason to think he’d go backhand.
“I guess it goes back a few years ago to a shootout in L.A. and I went backhand on [Brodeur] then,” he said. “It feels great. Every time you get the chance to finish it off in OT, you know, to face a world class goaltender like Marty is, it’s definitely a good feeling.”
Kopitar also said that — for just one night — he got the better of the future Hall-Of-Famer.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 6
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53