May 30, 2012, 11:45 AM EST
Some pretty controversial stuff coming out of Chicago today in the wake of ‘Hawks GM Stan Bowman addressing the Patrick Kane situation with reporters on Tuesday.
In a follow-up, Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times spoke with a team source who said the club suggested the 23-year-old seek help regarding possible lifestyle issues.
The Hawks are more than just disappointed in Kane. A team source told the Sun-Times that some in the organization have suggested that Kane seek help.
“He’s obviously got some issues,” the source said. “How many more times can these things happen? It’s a much bigger thing than some photographs in a 48-hour window.”
According to Jahns, the team is concerned that Kane’s antics — the cab incident in Buffalo, the limo incident in Vancouver, the Cinco de Mayo partying in Wisconsin — are symptoms of a larger-scale maturity issue.
For example, there were some flags raised when Kane bailed on Team USA duties for the World Hockey Championships, a tournament Chicago teammates Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp both participated in. Kane said it was because he was finally healthy and wanted to maintain his fitness.
Kane announced his decision to skip the Worlds on Apr. 25.
Two weeks later, the Wisconsin pictures hit the Internet and Kane was criticized by NHL on NBC analyst (and former Blackhawk) Ed Olczyk.
Apparently, Olczyk wasn’t the only person upset with No. 88′s antics.
“When is [Kane] going to learn?” another team source told the Sun-Times.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 37
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 35
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (41)