May 30, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
Some pretty controversial stuff coming out of Chicago today in the wake of ‘Hawks GM Stan Bowman addressing the Patrick Kane situation with reporters on Tuesday.
In a follow-up, Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times spoke with a team source who said the club suggested the 23-year-old seek help regarding possible lifestyle issues.
The Hawks are more than just disappointed in Kane. A team source told the Sun-Times that some in the organization have suggested that Kane seek help.
“He’s obviously got some issues,” the source said. “How many more times can these things happen? It’s a much bigger thing than some photographs in a 48-hour window.”
According to Jahns, the team is concerned that Kane’s antics — the cab incident in Buffalo, the limo incident in Vancouver, the Cinco de Mayo partying in Wisconsin — are symptoms of a larger-scale maturity issue.
For example, there were some flags raised when Kane bailed on Team USA duties for the World Hockey Championships, a tournament Chicago teammates Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp both participated in. Kane said it was because he was finally healthy and wanted to maintain his fitness.
Kane announced his decision to skip the Worlds on Apr. 25.
Two weeks later, the Wisconsin pictures hit the Internet and Kane was criticized by NHL on NBC analyst (and former Blackhawk) Ed Olczyk.
Apparently, Olczyk wasn’t the only person upset with No. 88’s antics.
“When is [Kane] going to learn?” another team source told the Sun-Times.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 92
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (92)