May 30, 2012, 11:45 AM EST
Some pretty controversial stuff coming out of Chicago today in the wake of ‘Hawks GM Stan Bowman addressing the Patrick Kane situation with reporters on Tuesday.
In a follow-up, Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times spoke with a team source who said the club suggested the 23-year-old seek help regarding possible lifestyle issues.
The Hawks are more than just disappointed in Kane. A team source told the Sun-Times that some in the organization have suggested that Kane seek help.
“He’s obviously got some issues,” the source said. “How many more times can these things happen? It’s a much bigger thing than some photographs in a 48-hour window.”
According to Jahns, the team is concerned that Kane’s antics — the cab incident in Buffalo, the limo incident in Vancouver, the Cinco de Mayo partying in Wisconsin — are symptoms of a larger-scale maturity issue.
For example, there were some flags raised when Kane bailed on Team USA duties for the World Hockey Championships, a tournament Chicago teammates Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp both participated in. Kane said it was because he was finally healthy and wanted to maintain his fitness.
Kane announced his decision to skip the Worlds on Apr. 25.
Two weeks later, the Wisconsin pictures hit the Internet and Kane was criticized by NHL on NBC analyst (and former Blackhawk) Ed Olczyk.
Apparently, Olczyk wasn’t the only person upset with No. 88′s antics.
“When is [Kane] going to learn?” another team source told the Sun-Times.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)