May 30, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
Some pretty controversial stuff coming out of Chicago today in the wake of ‘Hawks GM Stan Bowman addressing the Patrick Kane situation with reporters on Tuesday.
In a follow-up, Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times spoke with a team source who said the club suggested the 23-year-old seek help regarding possible lifestyle issues.
The Hawks are more than just disappointed in Kane. A team source told the Sun-Times that some in the organization have suggested that Kane seek help.
“He’s obviously got some issues,” the source said. “How many more times can these things happen? It’s a much bigger thing than some photographs in a 48-hour window.”
According to Jahns, the team is concerned that Kane’s antics — the cab incident in Buffalo, the limo incident in Vancouver, the Cinco de Mayo partying in Wisconsin — are symptoms of a larger-scale maturity issue.
For example, there were some flags raised when Kane bailed on Team USA duties for the World Hockey Championships, a tournament Chicago teammates Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp both participated in. Kane said it was because he was finally healthy and wanted to maintain his fitness.
Kane announced his decision to skip the Worlds on Apr. 25.
Two weeks later, the Wisconsin pictures hit the Internet and Kane was criticized by NHL on NBC analyst (and former Blackhawk) Ed Olczyk.
Apparently, Olczyk wasn’t the only person upset with No. 88’s antics.
“When is [Kane] going to learn?” another team source told the Sun-Times.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)