May 30, 2012, 11:45 AM EST
Some pretty controversial stuff coming out of Chicago today in the wake of ‘Hawks GM Stan Bowman addressing the Patrick Kane situation with reporters on Tuesday.
In a follow-up, Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times spoke with a team source who said the club suggested the 23-year-old seek help regarding possible lifestyle issues.
The Hawks are more than just disappointed in Kane. A team source told the Sun-Times that some in the organization have suggested that Kane seek help.
“He’s obviously got some issues,” the source said. “How many more times can these things happen? It’s a much bigger thing than some photographs in a 48-hour window.”
According to Jahns, the team is concerned that Kane’s antics — the cab incident in Buffalo, the limo incident in Vancouver, the Cinco de Mayo partying in Wisconsin — are symptoms of a larger-scale maturity issue.
For example, there were some flags raised when Kane bailed on Team USA duties for the World Hockey Championships, a tournament Chicago teammates Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp both participated in. Kane said it was because he was finally healthy and wanted to maintain his fitness.
Kane announced his decision to skip the Worlds on Apr. 25.
Two weeks later, the Wisconsin pictures hit the Internet and Kane was criticized by NHL on NBC analyst (and former Blackhawk) Ed Olczyk.
Apparently, Olczyk wasn’t the only person upset with No. 88’s antics.
“When is [Kane] going to learn?” another team source told the Sun-Times.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 5
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)