May 30, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
According to RDS’s Vincent Damphousse (by way of TSN), former Colorado and Atlanta bench boss Bob Hartley has gone through a pair of interviews for Calgary’s head coaching job.
If the reports are accurate, it’s not surprising the Flames are interested. Hartley has a longstanding relationship with GM Jay Feaster, dating back to their days together with the Calder Cup-winning Hersey Bears in 1997 (a team that featured current NHL on NBC analyst Keith Jones.)
Hartley’s still under contract with the ZSC Lions of the Swiss League, and it’s not clear how that could affect a move to the NHL. As mentioned yesterday, TSN’s Darren Dreger said the Zurich-based team isn’t “about to rip [Hartley’s contract] up and say good luck,” especially coming off a highly successful season that included a league championship.
Hartley has been out of the NHL since 2007-08, when he was fired just six games into the season. His resume boasts over 300 career victories, a .579 winning percentage and the 2001 Stanley Cup championship with Colorado.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)