May 30, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
According to RDS’s Vincent Damphousse (by way of TSN), former Colorado and Atlanta bench boss Bob Hartley has gone through a pair of interviews for Calgary’s head coaching job.
If the reports are accurate, it’s not surprising the Flames are interested. Hartley has a longstanding relationship with GM Jay Feaster, dating back to their days together with the Calder Cup-winning Hersey Bears in 1997 (a team that featured current NHL on NBC analyst Keith Jones.)
Hartley’s still under contract with the ZSC Lions of the Swiss League, and it’s not clear how that could affect a move to the NHL. As mentioned yesterday, TSN’s Darren Dreger said the Zurich-based team isn’t “about to rip [Hartley's contract] up and say good luck,” especially coming off a highly successful season that included a league championship.
Hartley has been out of the NHL since 2007-08, when he was fired just six games into the season. His resume boasts over 300 career victories, a .579 winning percentage and the 2001 Stanley Cup championship with Colorado.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 0
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 21
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)