May 30, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Flyers owner Ed Snider says he won’t be upset if Mike Richards and Jeff Carter win the Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings. The man who used to sign their paychecks and was undoubtedly involved in the decision to trade both over the summer isn’t bitter about how things worked out.
“It doesn’t make it bitter at all,” Snider told the Associated Press Tuesday. “Quite frankly, I think it’s more interesting to watch. I am very fond of Richards and Carter. I’d love to see them succeed. As far as Jersey is concerned, they beat us. If they win, at least we know we lost to the best.”
Richards and Carter are still a topic of conversation in the city where they used to star. CSNPhilly.com published a four-part feature on the former faces of the Flyers franchise that were reunited in L.A. after Carter was traded from Columbus to the Kings during the season.
“I’m a big believer in that everything happens for a reason, and if this is the road that was intended for us, then so be it,” Richards said yesterday.
“We’re happy right now. Jeff’s living with me. We’re having a good time in L.A. … The trade was frustrating at first, but I couldn’t be happier now.”
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 25
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 26
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)