May 30, 2012, 12:15 PM EST
Flyers owner Ed Snider says he won’t be upset if Mike Richards and Jeff Carter win the Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings. The man who used to sign their paychecks and was undoubtedly involved in the decision to trade both over the summer isn’t bitter about how things worked out.
“It doesn’t make it bitter at all,” Snider told the Associated Press Tuesday. “Quite frankly, I think it’s more interesting to watch. I am very fond of Richards and Carter. I’d love to see them succeed. As far as Jersey is concerned, they beat us. If they win, at least we know we lost to the best.”
Richards and Carter are still a topic of conversation in the city where they used to star. CSNPhilly.com published a four-part feature on the former faces of the Flyers franchise that were reunited in L.A. after Carter was traded from Columbus to the Kings during the season.
“I’m a big believer in that everything happens for a reason, and if this is the road that was intended for us, then so be it,” Richards said yesterday.
“We’re happy right now. Jeff’s living with me. We’re having a good time in L.A. … The trade was frustrating at first, but I couldn’t be happier now.”
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)