May 30, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Flyers owner Ed Snider says he won’t be upset if Mike Richards and Jeff Carter win the Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings. The man who used to sign their paychecks and was undoubtedly involved in the decision to trade both over the summer isn’t bitter about how things worked out.
“It doesn’t make it bitter at all,” Snider told the Associated Press Tuesday. “Quite frankly, I think it’s more interesting to watch. I am very fond of Richards and Carter. I’d love to see them succeed. As far as Jersey is concerned, they beat us. If they win, at least we know we lost to the best.”
Richards and Carter are still a topic of conversation in the city where they used to star. CSNPhilly.com published a four-part feature on the former faces of the Flyers franchise that were reunited in L.A. after Carter was traded from Columbus to the Kings during the season.
“I’m a big believer in that everything happens for a reason, and if this is the road that was intended for us, then so be it,” Richards said yesterday.
“We’re happy right now. Jeff’s living with me. We’re having a good time in L.A. … The trade was frustrating at first, but I couldn’t be happier now.”
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)