May 30, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Flyers owner Ed Snider says he won’t be upset if Mike Richards and Jeff Carter win the Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings. The man who used to sign their paychecks and was undoubtedly involved in the decision to trade both over the summer isn’t bitter about how things worked out.
“It doesn’t make it bitter at all,” Snider told the Associated Press Tuesday. “Quite frankly, I think it’s more interesting to watch. I am very fond of Richards and Carter. I’d love to see them succeed. As far as Jersey is concerned, they beat us. If they win, at least we know we lost to the best.”
Richards and Carter are still a topic of conversation in the city where they used to star. CSNPhilly.com published a four-part feature on the former faces of the Flyers franchise that were reunited in L.A. after Carter was traded from Columbus to the Kings during the season.
“I’m a big believer in that everything happens for a reason, and if this is the road that was intended for us, then so be it,” Richards said yesterday.
“We’re happy right now. Jeff’s living with me. We’re having a good time in L.A. … The trade was frustrating at first, but I couldn’t be happier now.”
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 3
- Avs’ Parenteau (knee) likely out for remainder of regular season, playoffs unclear 0
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 14
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 17
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)